Type of site
|Theatre information and reviews|
|Owner||The New York Theatre Experience, Inc.|
In 2005, Gothamist wrote that "theatre fans have for some time been able to get at least some idea about the next year on stage, and not only the brand-name productions, via the estimable nytheatre.com". 
In 2007, the Cincinnati CityBeat called the site "An excellent reference source. It has up-to-date accounts of strike-affected productions, plus an always reliable list of shows outside the theater district. This independent site is free from commercial interest, so you'll get an unfiltered scoop on what's good and what's not." 
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2013)|
nytheatre.com, through the New York Theatre Experience Small Press, also publishes the annual collection of plays called Plays and Playwrights featuring the work of a number of emerging and established writers whose work has been premiered in New York City. Writers include Chiori Miyagawa, Julia Lee Barclay, Proto-type Theater's Peter S. Petralia, Trav S.D., Ken Urban and Marc Spitz.
This has been supplemented by the electronic publishing effort Indie Theater Now, which offers a large database of plays that can be downloaded from the site, including works by Kirk Bromley, Edward Einhorn, Ian W. Hill, Nat Cassidy, Jeffrey Sweet, Crystal Skillman and Mac Rogers.
It is edited by Martin Denton.
- [dead link] . nytheatre.com.
- Theater Web Sites. April 16, 2000. The Washington Post.
- Baker, Celia (March 25, 2001). "Theater to the NYth Degree". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Jensen, Mallory (September 2005). "Theatre This Week: Back in Festival Mode". Gothamist. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- Pender, Rick (November 20, 2007). "The Stagehands Union Strike, Fringe Applications and Scrooge Look-Alikes – Theaters, Actors, Etc." Cincinnati CityBeat. Retrieved July 30, 2013.