|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2011)|
|Daughters of Charity Health System|
|Location||2105 Forest Ave., San Jose, California, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
O'Connor Hospital is a hospital operated by the Daughters of Charity Health System in San Jose, California. It was founded in 1889, and was the first hospital in Santa Clara County, California. O'Connor Hospital was built by Judge Myles P. O'Connor and his wife, Amanda. The original hospital was built on 15 acres (6.1 ha) of property on the corner of Race Street and West San Carlos Street.
The O'Connors were very well known as being benefactors of many charitable organizations. The O'Connors' first thoughts were to build an elderly home, however the demands of the community at that time was for a hospital. Patrick Riordan, Archbishop of San Francisco, suggested that a hospital should be built. The O'Connors then asked the Daughters of Charity to operate the hospital. Four Daughters of Charity moved into the facility on May 1, 1889.
In 1953, O'Connor Hospital moved to its present site on Forest Avenue.
In October 2014, Daughters of Charity announced they would be shedding the hospital for financial reasons. Sale of the hospital to Prime Healthcare Services was approved. The sale was rejected by Prime Healthcare on March 10, 2014.
DCHS Board of Directors
- Robert Issai - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Father Gerald Coleman - Vice President, Corporate Ethics
- Sister Marjory Ann Baez, D.C. - Vice President, Mission Integration
- Stephanie Battles - Vice President of Human Resources
- Candace Burden-Caballero - Vice President, Revenue Cycle
- Hon. Conway Collis - Vice President of Advocacy and Chief Government Affairs Officer
- Robert K. Cook - Vice President, Risk Management
- Richard Hutsell - Vice President & Chief Information Officer
- Annie Melikian - Vice President, Operational Finance
- Elizabeth Nikels - Vice President, Communications
- Gaynor Rabin - Vice President of Managed Care Contracting and Payor Relations
- Mike Stuart - Chief Financial Officer
- Robert Walter - Vice President, Facilities Planning and Development
- This hospital in the CA Healthcare Atlas A project by OSHPD