O'Loughlin Gaels GAA
|Gael Ó Lochlainn|
|Club colours:||White and Green|
|Senior Club Championships|
O'Loughlin Gaels is a Gaelic Athletic Association club situated in the St. John’s parish of Kilkenny city, County Kilkenny, Ireland. The club was founded in 1969, replacing the St. John’s Hurling Club that started back in 1887.
O'Loughlin Gaels are one of the most successful Kilkenny clubs of the new millennium, winning county titles in 2001 and 2003. In 2003, they went on to claim their first Leinster senior title. In January 2011, they claimed their second Leinster title after a 0-14 to 1-8 win against Oulart-the-Ballagh in the final.
The club was named AIB Club of the Year in 1983.
- All-Ireland Senior Club Hurling Championships: 0
- Leinster Senior Club Hurling Championships: 2
- 2003, 2010
- Kilkenny Senior Hurling Championships: 3
- 2001, 2002, 2010
- Andy Comerford
- Martin Comerford
- Brian Hogan
- Seán Dowling
- John Mulcahy
- Paul Kelly, Tipperary
- David McCormack
- Alan Kennedy
- "Gaels stand tall when it matters". Irish Times. 2011-01-31. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- O'Loughlin Gaels on the official Kilkenny website
- Information about O'Loughlin Gaels on the KilkennyCats website
|This Leinster GAA club related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|