O. P. Jindal Global University
|O. P. Jindal Global University|
|ओ. पी. जिंदल ग्लोबल विश्वविद्यालय|
Logo of JGU
|Motto||A private university promoting public service|
|Vice-Chancellor||C. Raj Kumar|
|Registrar||Y. S. R. Murthy|
|Location||Sonipat, Haryana, India
|Colors||Blue and White|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission|
O. P. Jindal Global University is a non-profit global university established by the Haryana Private Universities (Second Amendment) Act, 2009. JGU is established in memory of the O.P. Jindal. The university is located in Sonipat district of Haryana, India.
- 1 Constituent colleges
- 2 Rankings & Awards
- 3 International collaboration
- 4 India Public Policy Report
- 5 Faculty
- 6 Campus
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The university consists of five colleges:
- Jindal Global Law School
- Jindal School of International Affairs
- Jindal Global Business School
- Jindal school of Government and Public Policy
- Jindal School of Liberal Arts and Humanities
Rankings & Awards
- JGU has been ranked among top five emerging Private colleges in India by India Today - Nielsen Survey.
- JGU awarded the ASSOCHAM National Education Excellence Award-2014 for "Best University Serving Social Cause"
- JGU is winner of CMAI National Haryana Education Summit.
- The Law School in JGU is the first school in India to win Oxford Price Media Law Moot Competition.
The university has collaborations with the following universities and colleges worldwide:
United States of America
- Yale University
- University of Michigan
- Indiana University Bloomington
- Harvard University
- Cornell University
- Brown University
- University of Baltimore
- Temple University
- Texas A&M University
- University of Texas at Dallas
- Texas A&M University–Commerce
- University of Arizona College of Law
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Davis School of Law
- Montgomery College, Maryland
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- International University College of Turin
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Australian National University
- Griffith University
- United Nations University
- Tokiwa University
- National Tsing Hua University
- City University of Hong Kong
- Renmin University of China
- Universidade São Tomas de, Mozambique
India Public Policy Report
Jindal School of Government and Public Policy (JSGP), O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU), which offers India's first Master's programme in public policy has brought out the India Public Policy Report 2014 (IPPR). It is a first of its kind report that seeks to create an independent platform for bringing together the state-of-the-art policy research and analysis on issues of policy relevance to India.
The IPPR has been authored by Rajeev Malhotra, Professor at JSGP. He is a development economist with over two decades of experience of working on development policy issues, at national and international levels.
JGU had appointed its faculty members with international educational background, scholarship, experience and orientation. It includes visiting faculty from Harvard and many renowned Universities across the world.
Faculty Directory include C.Raj Kumar, C.Gopinath, Sreeram Sundar Chaulia, R.Sudarshan, India's famous public intellectual and social scientist Shiv Viswanathan and Many More.
The Campus was well built in 100 Acres with well equipped Sports Facilities and beautiful accommodation. Both the Academic Block (classrooms, library, faculty rooms, gymnasium, health center, ATM etc.) and the entire Student Residence (student rooms, common rooms, dining halls etc.) are centrally air-conditioned.
The Global Library of JGU is housed in a centrally located and beautifully designed building having approximately 20000 sq ft space. Spacious reading halls, most modern IT infrastructure provide the right ambiance for reading and research in the Library. The library also has a spacious Lounge which will remain open 24-hours, and a coffee shop. It provides a campus-wide access to its catalog and e-resources through Wi-Fi technology. The library is developing a comprehensive collection of print, digital and media resources on law, business, international relations and public policy to fulfill the teaching and research needs of the four schools of the university. We aim to develop a collection of 1,00,000 books within next 3 years.
All hostels are Air Conditioned with separate Accommodation for Girls and Boys with tight security. Hostel Facilities include Mini Reading Rood, Laundry, Cafeteria, T.V room, Food vending machines, mini Gymnasium and Synthetic Badminton Courts. Common areas in hostels are fitted with security cameras.
The Health Center is Maintained by Fortis Hospitals. University has bought a captive Ambulance for its purposes, which is equipped with all sophisticated equipment's and instruments needed in a modern ambulance.
The University has a permanent health center, for faculty, staff, students who need medical attention. It acts as a small University’s infirmary, which has all essential equipment's installed and 24-hour assistance available. The Health Center employs a consultant, a permanent physician/doctor, nurse and office boy. The Health Center also houses a range of important and essential drugs and medicine which can be administered to any student who is in need. There is a stretcher and wheelchair facility available too.
The campus will be guarded by around 30 guards all the time. University also has Warden/Asst. Warden round the clock inside the campus. There is also an iron barricading to separate construction from non-construction area.
There shall be CCTV surveillance as well on all important locations and access points in the campus.
University has employed the services of Sodexo for providing essential meals (breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner) during the day (catering service) in the student residence, which is open for students, Faculty and staff. Sodexo is a French multi-national concern, and one of the largest food services and facilities management companies in the world. The dining hall is also equipped with a CD player and speakers.
Sports environment matching global standards is provided to students at the campus. Sports Facilities include Lawn Tennis, Basket-Ball, Football, Badminton, Cricket, Volleyball, 5-a-Side Football, various Indoor Games and Air Conditioned Gymnasium.
- "Leading International Collaborations of O.P. Jindal Global University". JGU. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "News / National : "Obama visit may explore perplexing issues"". The Hindu. 2010-10-31. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "News Review". Financialexpress.com. 2010-04-19. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "E&Y-FICCI Report recognises JGLS as a ‘Premium Higher Education Institute’". Barandbench.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "International Collaborations". Retrieved 22 January 2014.