|This article is outdated. (November 2012)|
|League||Korea Baseball Championship (1982–present)|
|Ballpark||Jamsil Baseball Stadium (1986–present)|
|League championships||(1): 1995|
|Korean Series championships||(3): 1982, 1995, 2001|
|Retired numbers||21, 54|
|General Manager||Park Jung-Won|
The club was founded in Daejeon, South Korea in 1982 as the "OB Bears", and moved to Seoul, South Korea in 1985 before being officially renamed the "Doosan Bears" in 1999. The Doosan Bears (formerly the OB Bears) won the Korean Series in 1982, the inaugural KBO season. They have won three Korea Series titles (1982, 1995, 2001) and play their home games at Seoul's Jamsil Baseball Stadium. Jamsil Baseball Stadium is also used by LG Twins.
Korean-American Pittsburgh Steeler Hines Ward threw out the first pitch at a Doosan Bears game on a visit to Korea in 2006.
|1||Kim Yeong-Duk||15/1/1982 ~ 1983||100||79||1||.559|
|2||Kim Sung-Keun||14/10/1983 ~ 1988||274||250||10||.523|
|3||Lee Kwang Hwan||9/9/1988 ~ 1990||69||93||4||.426|
|4||Lee Jae Won||17/10/1990 ~ 1991||45||103||5||.304|
|5||Yun Dong-Kyun||9/9/1991 ~ 1994||198||210||11||.485|
|6||Kim Yin-Sik||21/9/1994 ~ 2003||579||556||33||.510|
|7||Kim Kyeong-Mun||2004 ~ 2010||512||432||16||.542|
|Acting Manager||Kim Kwang-Soo||2011 ~ 2011||38||38||0||.500|
|8||Kim Jin-Wook||2012 ~ 2013||68||62||3||.523|
Season by Season Records
Doosan Bears roster
|Active roster||Inactive roster||Coaches/Other|
Retired Since 1986
Retired Since 2002
The Bears have retired numbers 21 and 54. The number 54 is in memory of the catcher Kim Young-Shin who died, and the number 21 is the legendary pitcher, Park Chul-Soon, whose nickname is "Phoenix." Park won the Most Valuable Player award in the 1982 Korean Series. Next year he was injured but won the award again. He continued to play when injured throughout his career and had much success. He is still held in high esteem from not only most Bears fans but many Korean baseball fans.
Bear's Day that started in the year of July 24th of 2007 as a promotion, continued to be an event held every last Sunday of the month. (Saturdays during 2004-2007) Promotions and perquisites as listed are given on the 'Bear's Day'.
- Free admissions for children
- 50% off seats for fans
- If the game was a winning game, the said ticket from the Bear's Day can be exchanged for a ticket of another day.(expired since 2007)
- Fan signing event
- Gift giveaways from the sponsoring companies
Queen's Day is an event that started since the season of 2009 targeted for female fans, appreciating and at the same time encouraging greater participation of the female fans. The following promotions and perquisites are given on the day.
- 2000 won discount for female fans
- Free Salad bar ticket for the family restaurant 'VIPS'
- Ticket giveaways to New Caledonia by random draws post before-after season
- Photo time
Player's Day is an event started in the season of 2007, where every Sunday home games, the players dress in the old uniforms from when the team's OB Bears times. This event is intended to help the fans reminiscence to the old days. 'Player's Day' aims to bring together the fans and the team through a festive event, and coordinated in various ways every season/year.
- RoyOswalt, The sorrow of KIA's fan. The collection of all Rookie of the Year award and MVP in history, MLBPARK, 2010-09-14 .  This source is found in Korean website called MLBPARK. This site introduces all the Doosan Bear's champion's history. Also, the title of contents express sadness of KIA team. Furthermore, some people replied on the contents. They talk to about the history of Doosan Bear's champion awards.
- ko:두산 베어스
- 구경백, “<구경백의 프로야구 산책>할인·이벤트로 관중 불러라”, 《문화일보》,written 2004-07-23, found 2013-11-28. 
- Lee Jung Ho 'Doosan, start of 2009, start of 'Queen's day' event for female fans.'<My Daily>, 2010-02-27. 
- Lee Jung Ho 'Doosan, start of 2009, start of 'Queen's day' event for female fans.'<My Daily>, 2010-02-27.