|Type||Privately Owned Restaurant Chain|
|Genre||Chain of roadside restaurants|
|Founded||North-west and Midlands, England in 1990s|
|Founders||City Centre Restaurants|
|Headquarters||Middlewich, Cheshire, England|
The OK Diner is a privately owned roadside restaurant chain in the United Kingdom. The restaurants have a retro, 1950s-style, American diner theme with popular 50s music, chequerboard flooring, booth seating, plenty of chrome details and 50s memorabilia on the walls. The concept was created by John Roebuck and Tony Horsfall for City Centre Restaurants (now The Restaurant Group) and was sold to co-directors Ian Hendry and Dafydd Poole following a management buy-out in January 2001.
As of August 2011, the chain has eight operating restaurants.
The menu served consists of popular diner favourites such as burgers, hot dogs, grills, cooked breakfasts, thick shakes and desserts. Since 2012, burritos have been added to the menu. In traditional diner style tea, filter coffee and soft drinks are all refilled free of charge. Root beer and floats are also available. There is also a children’s menu for children under 10 years of age, off which kids eat free when an adult gets a full meal.
The OK Diner chain has eight restaurants as of September 2011.
- A5 — Bridgtown, Staffordshire
- A49 — Leominster, Herefordshire
- A55 — Northop Hall, Flintshire
- A1 — Tickencote, Rutland
- A1 — Colsterworth, Lincolnshire
- A1 — Carlton-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire
- A19 — Elwick, County Durham
- A38 — Egginton, Derbyshire
- A370 — Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset
- A6, on the border between Levenshulme, Manchester and Heaton Chapel, Stockport - site is now occupied by a McDonalds and a KFC outlet.
- Kilner Way Retail Park Sheffield , Site now car parking (Closed 2002)
- "OK Diner". Evening Gazette (Gazette Media Company Limited). 2 May 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- Bicknell, Gareth (28 May 2005). "It's OK by name... and OK by nature". Daily Post (Liverpool, England) (MGN Ltd). Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- "OK diner attacks roadside market". Caterersearch (Reed Business Information). 26 July 2001. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- "Group Restaurateur of the Year". Caterersearch (Reed Business Information). 21 October 2003. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- "Restaurant Group (The)". Caterersearch (Reed Business Information). 9 August 2006. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- "Cafe group steps up sale programme". BBC News. 28 March 2001. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- "Where we are". OK Diner. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "Menu". OK Diner. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "OK Diner website". Retrieved 2009-09-02.