|Type||Professional Consultants Register|
The Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR) is a public register of UK-based health and safety advice consultants, set up to assist UK employers and business owners with general advice on workplace health and safety issues. The register was established in response to the Government’s October 2010 report on 'Common Sense, Common Safety', which recommended that all health and safety consultants should be accredited to professional bodies and a web-based directory established.
The scheme is voluntary for individuals who provide commercial advice on general health and safety management issues. Consultant’s who are registered on OSHCR, have been assessed by their professional body and have achieved a set standard based on their qualifications and experience. Each consultant must maintain their continuing professional development, abide by a code of conduct and be committed to giving sensible and proportionate advice to businesses.
On launching the register Work and Pensions Minister Chris Grayling said "We have launched an official Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register for those health and safety practitioners who are properly accredited to one of the professional bodies in the industry.".
Services to Business Owners
Many businesses develop in-house competence to manage their health and safety risks and do not need to use health and safety consultants. Other employers however, may need additional help and the consultants registered on OSHCR will have a status recognised by the participating bodies in the OSHCR scheme.
The register enables businesses to search for a consultant by geographical area, industry or topic, to enable them to find someone who will provide specific, tailored advice, relevant to their business needs.
The professional bodies and other stakeholders involved are:
- British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) 
- British Safety Council (BSC) 
- British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF) 
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) 
- Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland (HSENI) 
- Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (IEHF) 
- International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM) (IIRSM) 
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) 
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) 
- Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) 
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) 
- Health and Safety Executive.
- OSHCR. The Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register.
- About OSHCR. About OSHCR
- New online directory of health and safety advisors
- BOHS. British Occupational Hygiene Society
- BSC. British Safety Council.
- BSIF. British Safety Industry Federation.
- CIEH. Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
- HSENI. Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland.
- IEHF. The Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors.
- IIRSM. International Institute of Risk and Safety Management.
- IOSH. Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
- NEBOSH. National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health.
- REHIS Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland.
- RoSPA. Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
- HSE. The Health and Safety Executive.