O Homem do Futuro
|O Homem do Futuro|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Cláudio Torres|
|Produced by||Tatiana Quintella
|Written by||Cláudio Torres|
Gabriel Braga Nunes
Maria Luisa Mendonça
|Music by||Luca Raele
|Cinematography||Ricardo Della Rosa|
|Edited by||Sérgio Mekler|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Running time||106 minutes|
O Homem do Futuro (lit. "The Man from the Future") is a 2011 Brazilian romantic comedy film directed by Cláudio Torres. The film stars Wagner Moura and Alinne Moraes. It was shot in Paulínia and Campinas, cities of São Paulo, and in Rio de Janeiro.
In 2011, João "Zero" (Moura), a bitter but brilliant physicist spends his days brooding over the fateful night 20 years ago, where he was publicly betrayed and humiliated at a college party by his girlfriend. Although heading one of the largest scientific projects in Brazil, his eccentricities and tantrums let him on the verge of being fired by his college roommate and current sponsor, Sandra. Aided by best friend - and fellow scientist - Otávio (Ceylão), Zero turns on the unfinished machine he developed that was supposed to ensure his wealth as well as a new source of sustainable energy for mankind.
To his surprise, the reaction caused by the machine proves able to open a bridge to the past, leading him by the year 1991, in the traumatic night in which the beautiful Helena (Moraes) left him for popular playboy Ricardo (Nunes). He will then see that changing the facts can be more difficult and confusing than it sounds. Returning to an altered present, Zero learns that his younger self used his knowledge about the future to become a powerful and corrupted businessman, even more separated from Helena. His only alternative is to return to the past once more and prevent himself from changing the present while trying to avoid time paradoxes caused by the presence of three versions of himself in 1991.
- Wagner Moura as João "Zero" Henrique
- Alinne Moraes as Helena
- Maria Luiza Mendonça as Sandra
- Gabriel Braga Nunes as Ricardo
- Fernando Ceylão as Otávio
- Camargo, Maiara (September 2, 2011). "Wagner Moura se encontra com ele mesmo em 'O Homem do Futuro'". O Estado de S. Paulo (in Portuguese). Grupo Estado. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- "Filmes Brasileiros Lançados - 1995 a 2013" (in Portuguese). Ancine. p. 11. Archived from the original on June 16, 2014. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 79. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- "Comentário convidado: O Homem do Futuro". Terra Magazine (in Portuguese). Terra Networks. September 24, 2011. Retrieved June 15, 2014.