The Poor Rebecker
|O Pobre Rabequista
||170 cm × 122 cm (67 in × 48 in)
O Pobre Rabequista (The Poor Rebecker) is an oil painting, 1855 (oil on canvas 170 X 122 cm), by José Rodrigues.
1855 - Universal Exhibition in Paris
- 1865 - International Exposition of Porto, where he was awarded with the second medal.
It was originally purchased by Prince Consorte D. Fernando de Saxe-Coburg (Ferdinand II) and currently is in the collection of the Chiado Museum.
- In one of the editions of the Official "Litteratura Illustrada" published in Coimbra in 1860, Manuel Maria Bordalo Pinheiro, father of Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro wrote the following on this table:
- The framework of "Blind Rabequista" is a genuine artistic labors, decent put up along with some pictures of Velasquez....
- The table is signed and dated and is ranked in the Chiado Museum with paragraph 515
- In the "Journal of Beaux-Arts", paragraph 3 Lisbon 1857, Rodrigo Paganino wrote several pages about the "philosophy" of this work.