O Yuki Conjugate
O Yuki Conjugate is an organic ambient musical group, formed in Nottingham in 1982, now sometimes based in London. Their music has variously been categorized as darkwave, industrial, ambient and tribal-ambient. Members of the group vary, but include C. Elliot, R. Horberry, T. Horberry, A. Hulme, D. Mudford, P.A. Woodhead & R. Jenkins. Currently in their 3rd incarnation, their music is often hard to find and released in limited editions.
Instruments on the recording Peyote include tongue drums, roto-toms, bongos, congas, "big bean," "found percussion," drum machine, wind chimes, loops, frying pan, bass guitar, samples, keyboards, fractal guitar, e-bow, flutes, chants, radio, wildlife, tablas, berimbau, nose-singing, and vocals. Their music, as apparent from this list, is percussive and inventive, but it is also atmospheric.
After a break of ten years, O Yuki Conjugate released The Euphoria of Disobedience on their own label towards the end of 2006. The band described the new album as ''dirty ambient - multi layered, hyper textural and distinctly gritty''.
- Scene In Mirage a-mission LP, 1985.
- Into Dark Water Final Image LP, 1987.
- Peripheral Vision Ikon video, 1988.
- Primitive (collected works 1983-1987) Staalplaat/Soleilmoon, 1996.
- Peyote Multimood/Projekt, 1991.
- Undercurrents (in Dark Water) Staalplaat/Soleilmoon, 1992.
- Equator Staalplaat, 1994 (Co-produced by Paul Schutze).
- Sunchemical Remixes EP, Staalplaat 1995.
- Circular No 1/ Circular No 2 EP, Syntactic 1997.
- The Euphoria of Disobedience OYC Limited, 2006.
- OYC25 Soleilmoon, 2009.
- Ambiguism 1983-1987 Vinyl On Demand, 2010