Oak Creek, Colorado
|Town of Oak Creek, Colorado|
Main Street in Oak Creek.
Location in Routt County and the state of Colorado
|Incorporated (town)||December 26, 1907|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Land||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||7,428 ft (2,264 m)|
|• Density||2,830/sq mi (1,212.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0172929|
Oak Creek is located at .(40.275049, -106.957607)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 849 people, 366 households, and 217 families residing in the town. The population density was 2,937.2 people per square mile (1,130.3/km²). There were 441 housing units at an average density of 1,525.7 per square mile (587.1/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 93.40% White, 2.47% Native American, 0.71% Asian, 0.71% from other races, and 2.71% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.59% of the population.
There were 366 households out of which 31.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 43.7% were married couples living together, 8.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 40.7% were non-families. 32.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.32 and the average family size was 2.90.
In the town the population was spread out with 25.9% under the age of 18, 8.4% from 18 to 24, 33.3% from 25 to 44, 24.6% from 45 to 64, and 7.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 102.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 113.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $36,500, and the median income for a family was $42,981. Males had a median income of $30,667 versus $21,116 for females. The per capita income for the town was $16,388. About 6.2% of families and 10.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.4% of those under age 18 and 17.2% of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Town of Oak Creek contacts
- Routt County Community Web Page (Routt County community info and resources)