Oak Hill, Tennessee
|Oak Hill, Tennessee|
|• Total||8.0 sq mi (20.6 km2)|
|• Land||7.8 sq mi (20.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||570/sq mi (220/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1296134|
Oak Hill is a city in Davidson County, Tennessee. The population was 4,529 at the 2010 census. The Tennessee governor's mansion is located in the city. Although the city is administered under the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, it retains its own municipal government.
Oak Hill is located at .(36.082809, -86.786813)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.0 square miles (20.6 km2), of which 7.8 square miles (20.3 km2) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.3 km2), or 1.50%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,493 people, 1,816 households, and 1,367 families residing in the city. The population density was 570.4 people per square mile (220.1/km²). There were 1,894 housing units at an average density of 240.5 per square mile (92.8/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 96.26% European American, 0.98% African American, 0.11% Native American, 1.65% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.27% from other races, and 0.71% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.76% of the population.
There were 1,816 households out of which 30.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.3% were married couples living together, 5.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.7% were non-families. 20.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.47 and the average family size was 2.88.
In the city the population was spread out with 22.7% under the age of 18, 4.0% from 18 to 24, 23.2% from 25 to 44, 32.0% from 45 to 64, and 18.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 95.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $90,174, and the median income for a family was $104,952. Males had a median income of $70,963 versus $42,500 for females. The per capita income for the city was $58,932, the fourth highest in the state. None of the families and 1.2% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 1.8% of those over 64.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Oak Hill city, Tennessee". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Oak Hill city, Tennessee". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 14, 2012.