Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Virginia)
|Oak Hill Academy|
"The Turning Point"
|2635 Oak Hill Road
Mouth of Wilson, Virginia, 24363
|School president||Michael D. Groves, Ph.D.|
|Enrollment||approx. 150 total
|Average class size||17–20 students|
|Campus||420 acres (1.6 km²)|
|Color(s)||Red and Gold|
Oak Hill Academy is a co-educational, private Baptist-affiliated secondary school in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia, United States. Oak Hill's enrollment of approximately 150 students is 98% boarders, serving grades 8–12. It is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
Notable basketball players
- Chris Brown, currently plays for Oregon State University
- Eric Devendorf, former player at Syracuse University and a 2006–07 All-Big East Honorable Mention selection.
- Keith Gallon, played one year at the University of Oklahoma
- Jamont Gordon, former player at Mississippi State University
- Justin Gray, standout player at Wake Forest University.
- Sean Green, played at Iona College and briefly in the NBA
- Venson Hamilton, player at University of Nebraska
- Lamont Jones, currently plays for the Iona Gaels
- Alex Legion, college basketball player at Florida International University, University of Kentucky and University of Illinois.
- K.C. Rivers, player for Clemson University
- Travis Watson, player at University of Virginia.
- Curtis Staples, drafted by the Chicago Bulls in 1998. Eighth in NCAA career three-point field goals, at 413.
- Quinn Cook, currently plays for Duke University
- Tyler Lewis, currently plays for Butler University
- Lennard Freeman, currently plays for North Carolina State University
- Jordan Adams, currently plays for Memphis Grizzlies, was the 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Nate Britt, currently plays for University of North Carolina
- AJ Hammons, currently plays for Purdue University
- Cory Alexander, played at the University of Virginia and in the NBA
- Carmelo Anthony, played at Syracuse University; drafted third in 2003; 2003 NCAA Champion; NBA All-Star; attended Towson Catholic High School in Baltimore before transferring.
- William Avery, former Duke University point guard, and former NBA player for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Michael Beasley, transferred to Notre Dame Prep, 2007 McDonald's All American Game MVP, played at Kansas State University. Selected second in the 2008 NBA draft.
- Mark Blount, played at the University of Pittsburgh
- Alex Blackwell, played at Monmouth College and briefly in the NBA
- Steve Blake, played at the University of Maryland, currently plays for the Portland Trailblazers in the NBA
- Junior Burrough, played at the University of Virginia and briefly for the Boston Celtics in the NBA
- Ben Davis, played at the University of Arizona and briefly in the NBA
- DeSagana Diop, NBA player for the Charlotte Bobcats
- Kevin Durant, (transferred to Montrose Christian School before graduating) played at The University of Texas; second pick in 2007 NBA draft; MVP of the 2006 McDonald's All American Game; NBA Rookie of the Year; NBA All-Star; NBA MVP 
- Stephen Jackson, NBA player for the San Antonio Spurs
- Brandon Jennings, NBA player for the Detroit Pistons, selected 10th in the 2009 NBA Draft. Played for Italy's Lottomatica Roma.
- Doron Lamb, McDonald's All-American; played at University of Kentucky; player for the Milwaukee Bucks and the Orlando Magic.
- Ty Lawson, player on the Houston Rockets, played at the University of North Carolina. Went to Bishop McNamara High School before going to Oak Hill Academy.
- Jeff McInnis, played at the University of North Carolina; former player on Portland Trail Blazers, Los Angeles Clippers, and the New Jersey Nets.
- Ben McLemore, plays for Sacramento Kings, selected 7th overall in NBA Draft
- Ron Mercer, played at the University of Kentucky from 1995–1997; played for 7 NBA teams
- Rajon Rondo, played at the University of Kentucky; Drafted 21st in the NBA draft, Won the 2008 NBA championship; an All-Star in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. Currently plays for the Sacramento Kings.
- Josh Smith, drafted first round, 17th pick by the Atlanta Hawks in the 2004 NBA Draft. Currently plays for the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Jerry Stackhouse, played at the University of North Carolina. NBA player with the Philadelphia 76ers, Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, Dallas Mavericks, and Milwaukee Bucks.
- Rod Strickland, played at DePaul University and drafted 19th in the 1988 NBA Draft. 17 seasons in the NBA for the Portland Trail Blazers and the Washington Wizards.
- Nolan Smith, played for Duke University, in the NBA for the Portland Trail Blazers. Nolan is the son of Derek Smith, who starred at the University of Louisville.
- Marcus Williams, 2004 National Championship with UConn. Played with the New Jersey Nets, Golden State Warriors, the Memphis Grizzlies and in Spain.
- "Oak Hill website". Oak-hill.net. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Player Bio: Chris Brown". Osubeavers.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Dave Iannone. "NBA Draftees - Oak Hill Basketball - Oak Hill Academy". Oakhillhoops.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Player Bio: Steve Blake". Umterps.com. 1980-02-26. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Kevin Durant – Hoopedia". Hoopedia.nba.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Player profile at". Nba.com. 1989-09-23. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Virginia's Powerhouse". Sportsillustrated.cnn.com. 2002-10-24. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "2006 Draft profile at". Nba.com. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Free Agent Josh Smith Joins Houston Rockets". NBA.com. December 26, 2014. Retrieved December 26, 2014.
- "Jerry Stackhouse profile at Basketball Database". Databasebasketball.com. 1974-11-05. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Rod Strickland profile at Basketball database". Databasebasketball.com. 1966-11-07. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Oak Hill Basketball official site
- Oak Hill boys' basketball page at MaxPreps.com
- The Association of Boarding Schools profile