Oak Park High School (Manitoba)
|Oak Park High School|
|Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Motto||Committed to Excellence in Academics, Arts, Athletes and Community Service.|
|Colours||Blue, White and Silver|
Oak Park High School is a high school located in the Charleswood area of Winnipeg, Manitoba. It offers a dual-track English and French Immersion program. Oak Park also offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses and one of the most comprehensive fine arts programs in the province. The Oak Park Raiders have won 3 Manitoba High School Athletics Association titles over the past decade, the most in Winnipeg.
Oak Park High School has one of the best athletic programs in the province. As a regular contender in many sports, Oak Park has made their mark on the sport community. Oak Park took eight provincial titles in 2010-2011 and was provincial finalists in Varsity Girls Basketball and Girls Outdoor Soccer. The school offers an extensive list of extracurriculars, including: basketball, darts, football, hockey, soccer (indoor and outdoor), volleyball, rugby, cheerleading, ultimate frisbee, water polo, track & field, badminton, dance, curling and field lacrosse.
- Cam Barker - NHL defenceman (Edmonton Oilers)
- Cody Eakin - NHL forward (Washington Capitals) and former MHSAA High School Darts Finalist (2003)
- Andrew Harris - CFL running back (BC Lions)
- Tracy Spiridakos - film and television actress
- Meaghan Waller - Winner of Canada's Next Top Model, Cycle 3
Oak Park is known in both the local and national community alike as having class leading committees such as their volunteerism based social justice committee, the sustainability based progressive conservation committee or their yearbook committee.
- About Us
- Oswald, Brad (July 28, 2012). "Revolution-ary career step". Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- Oak Park High School Raises $1,000 for Winnipeg’s Less Fortunate
- OP Student Council
|This Manitoba school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|