Oakland High School (Tennessee)
|Oakland High School|
|2225 Patriot Drive
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, 37130
|School type||Public, International Baccalaureate|
|School district||Rutherford County Schools|
|Staff||John Marshall, Tim Roediger, Sherry Mulllen, Samuel Guydon|
|Teaching staff||103.0 (FTE) (as of 2007-08)|
|Enrollment||1,500 (as of 2007-08)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.6 (as of 2007-08)|
|Color(s)||Red, Navy, and White|
|Athletics conference||TSSAA District 7AAA, Region 4AAA, Football 6A|
Oakland High School (OHS) is located within Murfreesboro, Tennessee and contains approximately 1600 students. OHS is part of the 6th largest school system in the state of Tennessee. OHS serves eastern Murfreesboro and the rural areas of northeastern and eastern Rutherford County, including Lascassas, Milton and Kittrell.
OHS opened in 1972 along with its sister school Riverdale High School (Tennessee) in order to relieve the six over-populated county high schools in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. These schools have one of the oldest rivalries in the country as it has spanned over 40 years in multiple sports and academics. Oakland's rival is neighboring Siegel High School.
- OHS Football has had three state championship teams, 1984, 1998, and 2008
- OHS Baseball won seven state championships in 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, and 2000
- Ben Leming, candidate for the United States House of Representatives in Tennessee's 6th congressional district
- Bayer Mack, American writer, record executive, and film producer.
- Chris Young, country music singer
- "School Detail for Oakland High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- OHS Profile
- IB School Link
- Schelzig, Erik (2010-03-30). "'Boro Marine captain files as Democrat for Gordon seat". The Tennessean.
Clark said Leming enlisted in the Marines after graduating from Oakland High School in Murfreesboro in 1994.