Oakland Public Schools
|Oakland Public Schools|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Richard Heflich|
|Business Administrator:||Vince Yaniro (interim)|
|Address:||315 Ramapo Valley Road
Oakland, NJ 07436
|Enrollment:||1,664 (as of 2007-08)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||111.0|
|District Factor Group:||I|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,305||31||1,462||-10.7%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||60,202||72||54,453|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with 751+ students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=88
- This article is about the school district in New Jersey. For the public school system in Oakland, California, see Oakland Unified School District.
The Oakland Public Schools are a comprehensive community public school district serving students in kindergarten through eighth grade from the borough of Oakland in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in grades 9 - 12 attend the schools of the Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District, a regional district consisting of two four-year public high schools serving students from Franklin Lakes, Oakland and Wyckoff. Students have the option to attend either Indian Hills High School in Oakland or Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes.
- Elementary Schools (K-5)
- Dogwood Hill School (310 students)
- Glenn Clark, Principal
- Heights Elementary School (416 students)
- Barbara Ciambra, Principal
- Manito Elementary School (358 students)
- Adam Silverstein, Principal
- Middle School (6-8)
- Valley Middle School serves 580 students
- Mr. Hughes, Principal
- Gregg Desiderio, Vice-Principal
- Dr. Richard G. Heflich - Superintendent of Schools
- Vince Yaniro - Interim School Business Administrator
- District information for the Oakland School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2009.
- Van Dusen, Matthew. "Ramapo-Indian Hills schools chief to retire.", The Record (Bergen County), October 24, 2007. "Later, parents of Oakland students protested their lack of choice, and students in Wyckoff, Franklin Lakes and Oakland can now attend either school."
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009. "The Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District serves students from Franklin Lakes, Oakland, and Wyckoff in a comprehensive two-campus setting. Students from the three communities may choose which of the two high schools they wish to attend for their four-year high school experience."
- Data for the Oakland Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 8, 2009.
- Administration, Oakland Public Schools. Accessed November 4, 2009.
- Bergen County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Oakland Public Schools
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District website
- Oakland Public Schools's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Oakland Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics