Oaklyn Public School District
|Oaklyn Public School District|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Diane DeGiacomo|
|Business Administrator:||Amy Capriotti|
Oaklyn, NJ 08107
|Enrollment:||418 (as of 2008-09)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||39.3|
|District Factor Group:||CD|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,007||1||1,674||-39.8%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||44,379||1||57,597|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-12 districts with 0-1800 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=45
Oaklyn Public School District is a community public school district that serves students in pre-kindergarten through ninth grade from Oaklyn, in Camden County, New Jersey, United States. Oaklyn is the only district in New Jersey that still keeps the pre-kindergarten through ninth grade format. The district consists of two separate schools within one building.
Students in tenth through twelfth grades attend Collingswood High School as part of a sending/receiving relationship. The relationships with Collingswood and Hi-Nella have been in place for over 40 years.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Elementary School
- Oaklyn Elementary School educates students from kindergarten through sixth grades (321 students)
- Junior High School
- Oaklyn Junior High School educates students in grades seventh through ninth (129 students)
- Jennifer Boulden - Principal
- Dr. Diane DeGiacomo, Superintendent
- Amy Capriotti, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Oaklyn Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 16, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Administration, Oaklyn Public School District. Accessed March 16, 2011.
- 2010 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey School Report Card. Accessed March 16, 2011. "Right in the middle of Kendall Boulevard, you will find the Oaklyn Public School. Today, this historic little school building that was constructed in 1926 services 443 pre-kindergarten through ninth grade students. Students residing in Oaklyn and Hi-Nella attend this school."
- 13 Non-Operating School Districts Eliminated, New Jersey Department of Education press release dated July 1, 2009. Accessed December 26, 2009.
- Collingswood High School, South Jersey magazine. Accessed November 18, 2007. "Collingswood High School serves about 850 students in grades nine through twelve from the Collingswood, Oaklyn, and Woodlynne school districts"
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Data for the Oaklyn Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 16, 2011.
- Camden County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 6, 2010.
- Oaklyn Public School District
- Oaklyn Public School District's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Oaklyn Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics