Bus 5103 at Oakville GO Station
|Headquarters||480 Wyecroft Road|
|Service area||Oakville, Ontario|
|Service type||Bus service, Paratransit|
|Operator||Town of Oakville|
Oakville Transit is the public transportation provider in Oakville, Ontario, Canada since 1972. It is a department of the town and a member of the Canadian Urban Transit Association. It offers the typical conventional bus service, and a para-transit service, called care-A-van, for those unable to use the conventional service. The care-A-van takes riders directly to the address they desire.
Routes and connections
Oakville Transit connects with Burlington Transit to the west, Hamilton Street Railway on peak hours with route 14 in the downtown Burlington Terminal, and MiWay to the east. In addition, Oakville, Bronte, and Clarkson GO stations are also connected.
The Oakville GO rail and bus station, located at 214 Cross Avenue, is the main bus terminus.
|No.||Name||Inner Terminal||Outer Terminal||Notes|
|1||Trafalgar||Oakville GO Station||Uptown Core Terminal||Via Sheridan College.|
|2||Lakeshore||Bronte GO Station||Dundas & Hampshire||Via Downtown Oakville.|
|3||Third Line||Hopedale Mall||Third Line & Dundas||Via Bronte GO Station.|
|4||Speers-Cornwall||Bronte GO Station||Clarkson GO Station||Via Oaktown Plaza, Oakville GO Station, and Maple Grove Village. Travels to Mississauga.|
|5||Dundas||Uptown Core Terminal||Dundas & Bronte|
|5A||Sixteen Mile & Trailside|
|6||Upper Middle||Bronte GO Station||Dundas & Hampshire||Via Upper Oakville Shopping Centre.|
|10||West Industrial||Bronte GO Station||Oakville GO Station.||Clockwise loop west of Fourth Line during morning rush; counterclockwise loop during afternoon rush. Weekday peak service only.|
|11||Linbrook||Oakville GO Station||Maple Grove Village||No Sunday service.|
|13||Westoak Trails||Bronte GO Station||Oakville GO Station||Via Halton Government Centre and Oakville Place Mall.|
|14||Lakeshore West||Oakville GO Station||Burloak & Rebecca||Via Downtown Oakville and Hopedale Mall.|
|15||Bridge||Oakville GO Station||Hopedale Mall|
|17||Kerr||Oakville GO Station||Church & Dunn||Via Downtown Oakville.|
|18||Glen Abbey South||Oakville GO Station||Glen Abbey & Third Line||Via Dorval Crossing. Weekday peak service only.|
|19||River Oaks||Oakville GO Station||Uptown Core Terminal|
|20||Northridge||Oakville GO Station||Uptown Core Terminal||Via Upper Oakville Shopping Centre.|
|21||Clearview||Clarkson GO Station||Maple Grove Village||Travels to Mississauga. No Sunday service.|
|22||Upper Glen Abbey||Bronte GO Station||Pine Glen & Proudfoot||No Sunday service.|
|24||South Common||Oakville GO Station||South Common Centre||Via Sheridan College and Upper Oakville Shopping Centre. Travels to Mississauga.|
|25||Aspen Forest||Clarkson GO Station||Maple Grove Village||Travels to Mississauga. Weekday peak service only.|
|26||Falgarwood||Oakville GO Station||Lancaster & Grosvenor||No Sunday service.|
|28||Glen Abbey North||Oakville GO Station||Glen Abbey & Third Line||Via Oaktown Plaza and Dorval Crossing.|
|32||Burloak-Great Lakes||Bronte GO Station||RioCan Centre||Via Hopedale Mall.|
|33||Palermo||Bronte GO Station||Bronte & Pine Glen||Weekday peak service only.|
|102||Winston Park||Clarkson GO Station||Bristol & Dover Gate||Travels to Mississauga. Weekday peak service only.|
|120||East Industrial||Oakville GO Station||Winston Park & Bristol Circle||Weekday peak service only.|
|190||River Oaks Express||Oakville GO Station||Glenaston & Trafalgar||Weekday peak service only.|
School Specials (as of January 2012):
- Route 71 White Oaks S.S. (afternoon special to River Oaks)
- Route 80N Holy Trinity North special (to and from Iroquois Ridge)
- Route 80S Holy Trinity South special (to and from Falgarwood)
- Route 81 Abbey Park/Loyola (morning special from Palermo and Westoak Trails)
- Route 81S Abbey Park/Loyola South (afternoon special to Glen Abbey)
- Route 81 Abbey Park North (afternoon special to Westoak Trails and Palermo)
- Route 82 Loyola North (afternoon special to Westoak Trails and Palermo)
- Route 83 Blakelock (afternoon specials to Oakville GO station and Bridge/Third Line)
- Oakville GO Station
- Bronte GO Station
- Oakville Bus Terminal, located at Dunn and Church Streets.
- Hopedale Mall.
- Uptown Core, where the Crosstown route meets the Uptown Core route. (New terminal building under construction at Trafalgar Rd. & Dundas St.)
- Maplegrove Village, at Maplegrove Dr. and Cornwall Rd.
- Sheridan College, Trafalgar Campus.
- Clarkson GO Station
- South Common Centre Bus Terminal (with connections to Mississauga's MiWay service).
- Blue Bird Ultra LF (2005, 2006) – 5 units in service
- Ford/Giradian Minibus (2003) – 8 units in service
- New Flyer D40 (1989) – 5 units left in service
- New Flyer D40LF (1995, 2005) – 7 units in service
- OBI Orion V 05.501 (1990, 1992) – 9 units in service
- OBI Orion VI 06.501 (1999, 2001) – 8 units in service
- OBI Orion VII 07.501 (2003) – 10 units in service
- New Flyer Industries D40LFR (2006) – 8 units in service
- Blue Bird Ultra LF (overhauled) (2008)
- New Flyer Xcelsior (2011) - 6 units in service so far (plans to expand)
Oakville Transit has recently been relocated to a new bus facility/warehouse and due to rapid population growth, has plans to greatly expand their bus fleet
As of January 1, 2012, cash fare is $3.25. Passengers using GO Transit can show the driver their single or multi-ride ticket and pay a reduced fare of 65 cents. Tickets, monthly passes, and day passes are also available. Different discounts are available for the following: children (0 to 5 years), students (6–19 years of age) attending elementary/secondary school, and seniors (65 years of age and older). Oakville Transit also issues time-expired transfers, valid for any direction of use for 2 hours after the time of issue
The Presto card was added in late 2008.