|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008)|
|Country of origin||France|
Oasis is a non-carbonated bottled soft drink, which is a product of Orangina Schweppes (but in the UK is manufactured and distributed by the Coca-Cola Enterprises in conjunction with Coca-Cola Company subsidiary Atlantic Industries). It was originated in France by Volvic in 1966 and initially distributed under the name 'Pulse', until flagging sales led to a rebrand and its current name 'Oasis' being introduced. The drink is described as a "fruit juice drink - with sugar and sweeteners".
Advertising campaigns for Oasis target adults and promote the drink as an alternative to water. The drink was promoted in a TV advertising campaign in Britain with the well-known entertainer and actor Mike Reid, who at the time was at the height of his fame as Frank Butcher in EastEnders. One phrase has been "Open, pour. Be yourself once more.".
More recently, Oasis' advertising campaign "Run Cactus Kid Run" features a human-cactus hybrid known as Cactus Boy, as he goes on the run with his lover, a young girl from Kansas, Cactus Girl, who is pregnant with his strange cactus baby. These advertisements are loosely based on the film Badlands, using the same music.
Another campaign depicted Rubberduckzilla, a giant rubber duck who invades a Japanese city, destroying anything with water in its sight.
A new campaign in 2011 featured a bottle of Oasis and a Scotch egg.
In 2012, Oasis launched its new slogan, "Be Fruit".
On May 2013, Oasis will be imported to stores and supermarkets around the Ivory Coast.
- Ala nanas : (voice Franck Dubosc)
- Mangue Debol : (voice Elie Semoun (2004-2012), Willy Rovely(since 2012))
- Orange Preslé : (voice Titouan Lamazou (2004-2012), Arsène Mosca (since 2012))
- Enrico Labricot : (voice Alain Gauthier (2004-2012), Jeremy Michalak (since 2012))
- Eva Lapèche : (Voice Noelle Perma (2004-2012), Jenny Del Pino (since 2012))
- "Watchdog bans Coca-Cola's "Cactus Kid" TV ads". Reuters (8 October 2008).