|March 23, 2010|
|Media type||Print Hardcover|
Obama Zombies: How the Liberal Machine Brainwashed My Generation is a book written by Jason Mattera. Published in 2010 by Simon and Schuster, the book purports to reveal methods that Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign used to organize or mislead young voters.
The official summary of the book begins: "For an entire year, otherwise clear-thinking members of the most affluent, over-educated, information-drenched generation in American history fell prey to the most expensive, hi-tech, laser-focused marketing assault in presidential campaign history." According to publisher Simon and Schuster, Mattera "reveals the jaw-dropping lengths Barack Obama and his allies in Hollywood, Washington, and Academia went to in order to transform a legion of iPod-listening, MTV-watching followers into a winning coalition that threatens to become a long-lasting political realignment."
Stephen Gutowski at Human Events, for which Mattera is editor, praised the book, which he said "well chronicles how liberals have taken advantage of and brain-washed" college-aged voters. Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin also praised Obama Zombies. To promote his book, Mattera granted interviews to various media outlets, such as The Michigan Review, a conservative student newspaper at the University of Michigan. On broadcast media, Mattera was a guest on the Fox News Channel program Hannity and radio programs The David Pakman Show The Thom Hartmann Program. Lachlan Markay of the Media Research Center blog NewsBusters also interviewed Mattera.
Media Matters for America, a progressive media watchdog group, published two articles critical of Obama Zombies: one that attempts to correct Mattera's claim that Obama labels himself as "apologizer in chief" and another arguing that Mattera used dubious sources and facts to attack the scientific opinion on climate change.
- "Obama Zombies". Simon and Schuster. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- Gutowski, Stephen (March 26, 2010). "Book Review: Obama Zombies: How the Liberal Machine Brainwashed My Generation". Human Events. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- Nowicki, Julianne (April 20, 2010). "Obama Zombies". The Michigan Review. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- Hannity, Sean (March 25, 2010). "Waking Up the 'Obama Zombies'". Hannity. Fox News. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- Pakman, David (April 22, 2010). "Interview with Jason Mattera, Fox News Ambusher Part 1 of 2". Midweek Politics with David Pakman. YouTube. Retrieved February 19, 2011.
- Pakman, David (April 22, 2010). "Interview with Jason Mattera, Fox News Ambusher Part 2 of 2". Midweek Politics with David Pakman. YouTube. Retrieved February 19, 2011.
- Hartmann, Thom (March 29, 2010). "Thom defends Obama Zombies from Jason Mattera". YouTube. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- Markay, Lachlan (March 30, 2010). "NewsBusters Interview: Jason Mattera, Author of 'Obama Zombies'". NewsBusters. Media Research Center. Retrieved February 19, 2011.
- "They Live: Mattera's Obama Zombies reanimates old GOP falsehoods, smears". Media Matters for America. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- "In Mattera's Obama Zombies, global warming falsehoods live on". Media Matters for America. April 7, 2010. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Nonfiction". The New York Times. 10 April 2010. Archived from the original on 1 May 2010. Retrieved 1 May 2010.