|• Mayor||Heiko Schmuck|
|• Total||7.38 km2 (2.85 sq mi)|
|Elevation||254 m (833 ft)|
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The municipality lies southwest of Mainz on the Welzbach and is an agriculturally based community. The winegrowing centre belongs to the Verbandsgemeinde of Gau-Algesheim, whose seat is in the like-named town.
In 1108, Ober-Hilbersheim had its first documentary mention as Hilbridisheim.
The council is made up of 12 council members who were elected in a municipal election held on 13 June 2004 by majority vote.
Coat of arms
The municipality’s arms might be described thus: Azure a horse’s head couped at the neck Or langued gules.
Culture and sightseeing
- The Ober-Hilbersheim Wine and Art Fair takes place early every July.
- The Ober-Hilbersheim Christmas Market is held on the second weekend in Advent.
Economy and infrastructure
- Municipal kindergarten
Schmuck, Heiko: Ober-Hilbersheim. Illustrierte Dokumentation eines rheinhessischen Dorfes im 19. und 20. Jahrhundert. Horb am Neckar 1999.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ober-Hilbersheim.|
- Municipality’s official webpage (German)
- Homepage of Bürgerinitiative Umwelt und Gesundheit Ober-Hilbersheim e.V. (“Ober-Hilbersheim Environment and Health Citizens’ Initiative”) and information page about Ober-Hilbersheim (German)
- This article incorporates information from the German Wikipedia.
|This Mainz-Bingen location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|