Obolensky (Russian: Оболенский) is the name of a princely Russian family of the Rurik Dynasty. The family of aristocrats mostly fled Russia in 1917 during the Russian Revolution. Their name is said to derive from the town of Obolensk in the Upper Oka Principalities near Moscow. The Obolensky coat of arms is composed of the emblems of Kiev and Chernigov. Cadet branches of the family include the Repnin, Lykov, Dolgorukov and Shcherbatov families.
Family members include:
- Ivan Mikhailovich Obolensky (†1523), nicknamed Repnya, ancestor of the Repnin family
- Mikhail Aleksandrovich Obolensky (1821–1886)
- Ivan Mikhailovich Obolensky (1853–1910), Governor-General of Finland
- Alexander Dimitrievich Obolensky (1847–1917)
After the Russian revolution, part of the Obolensky family was forced into exile and their descendants carry "Obolensky" as a regular surname.
- Dimitri Alexandrovich Obolensky (1882–1964), son of Prince Alexander Dimitrievich Obolensky (1847–1917), after the revolution became a night watchman and a taxi driver in Paris
- Serge Obolensky (1890–1978), Sergei Platonovich "Serge" Obolensky (born at Tsarskoye Selo), was a Russian Prince; 1st husband of Ava Alice Muriel Astor (1902—1956) (daughter of John Jacob Astor IV (1864—1912) of the Astor family and Ava Lowle Willing (1868—1958)), and son of Platon Sergeyevich Obolensky and Marie Narishkin, he was Vice Chairman of the Board of Hilton Hotels Corporation.
- Vladimir Andreevich (b. 1869, d. 1950 in Bussy-en-Othe)
- Dimitri Alexandrovich Obolensky (1882–1964)
- Sergei Vladimirovich (b. 1901, d. 1992 in Basel)
Lev Sergeevich Obolensky (b. 1926, d. 2010)
- Vladimir Sergeevich Oblensky, (b. 1932 in Prague, d. 1991 in Basel)
- Dimitri Obolensky (1918–2001), son of Dmitri Alexandrovich Obolensky (1882–1964) and Countess Maria Shuvalov (1894–1973)
- Alexis Obolensky (1915–1986), socialite and "father of modern backgammon"
- Ivan Sergeyevich Obolensky (b. 1925), son of Sergei Platonovich "Serge" Obolensky and Ava Alice Muriel Astor
- Vladimir Obolensky-Randlkofer, (b. 1932, d. 1991 in Basel), son of Sergei Vladimirovich (1901-1992)
- Konstantin Vladimirovich Obolensky, (b. 1971 in Liestal), Swiss ambassador to Armenia 2011-2013.