From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up observer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An observer is one who engages in observation.
Observer may also refer to:
Computer science and information theory
- In information theory, any system which receives information from an object
- A state observer in control theory, a system that models a real system in order to provide an estimate of its internal state
- Observer pattern, a design pattern used in computer programming
- Observer (Mystery Science Theater 3000), a fictional television character
- Observers, beings in the television show Fringe
- "Observer", a song by Gary Numan on his album The Pleasure Principle
- "The Observer", a track from The Flaming Lips' 1999 album The Soft Bulletin
- The Observers, alternative name for reggae session band Soul Syndicate when working with Winston Holness (a.k.a. Niney the Observer).
- Observer (physics)
- Observer (special relativity)
- Observer (general relativity)
- Observer (quantum physics)
Politics and diplomacy
- Observer status, granted by an organization to allow a non-member limited participation
- An election observer, one who assists in election monitoring
- The Observer, a UK Sunday newspaper
- The Texas Observer, a political magazine
- Sunday Observer (Sri Lanka), a weekly newspaper
- The Observer (disambiguation), any of various periodicals
- A game official sometimes used in the sport Ultimate
- The Observer type in the Enneagram of Personality model
- Air observer, an aircraft crew role
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.