From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up observer effect in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Observer effect may refer to:
- Observer effect (information technology), the impact of observing a process while it is running
- Observer effect (physics), the impact of observing a physical system
- Observer-expectancy effect of psychology, how people change their behavior when aware of being watched
- Heisenbug of computer programming, where a software bug that seems to disappear or alter its behavior when one attempts to study it
It may also refer to:
- Observer Effect, an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise, named after this effect
It is sometimes conflated with:
See also 
- Schrödinger's cat, a thought experiment, often described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger
- Hawthorne effect
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.