From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obturator may refer to:
- Obturator artery
- Obturator nerve
- Obturator vein
- Obturator externus muscle
- Obturator internus muscle
- Obturator membrane
- Obturator canal
- Obturator foramen
- Palatal obturator, a dental prosthesis used to seal an opening in the palate i.e. cleft palate
- Part of the ovary of a flower that chemically guides the pollen tube to the micropyle
- obturator: valve closure member (disk, gate, plug, etc.). This term is used by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) in the Operation and Maintenance of Nuclear Power Plants (aka ASME OM Code). The term was developed by a multinational committee and is listed as a definition within this American National Standard.
- Obturator ring, a part in early aircraft engines
- Obturating ring, a device to create a seal under pressure
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Operation and Maintenance of Nuclear Power Plants Code Subsection ISTA-2000 Definitions
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Obturator.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.