|Look up Occidental or occidental in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The most common use of Occidental is as a Eurocentric term which refers to Western Europe or to Western Europe and all countries who were former colonies of a Western European country and are predominantly populated by people of European ancestry, such as North and South America, or to Western culture, the cultural values which are commonly held or commonly thought to be held by Western countries.
It may also refer to:
- Occidental, California, a town in Sonoma County, California
- Occidental College, located in Los Angeles, California
- Occidental language, a constructed language
- Occidental Life Insurance Company, a former American insurer
- Occidental Mindoro, a province of the Philippines located in the MIMAROPA region in Luzon
- Occidental Petroleum, an American oil company
- The Occidental Quarterly, an American racialist journal
- Negros Occidental, a province of the Philippines located in the Western Visayas region
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.