|Look up Occidental or occidental in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Occidental means "of the Occident."
Occident is derived from a Latin word for the direction west, occidens, and is a term sometimes used to refer to the European continent. The corresponding term Oriental ("of the Orient") is of similar derivation: it is taken from the Latin for east, oriens.
It may also refer to:
- Occidental, California, a town in Sonoma County, California
- Occidental College, located in Los Angeles, California
- Occidental language, a constructed language
- Occidental Life Insurance Company, a former American insurer
- Occidental Mindoro, a province of the Philippines located in the MIMAROPA region in Luzon
- Occidental Petroleum, an American oil company
- Negros Occidental, a province of the Philippines located in the Western Visayas region
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Occidental.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.