From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up occlusion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Occlusion may refer to:
- Occlusion (dentistry), the manner in which the upper and lower teeth come together when the mouth is closed.
- Occlusion effect, an audio phenomenon that occurs when one closes the opening into the ear canal and the loudness of low pitched sounds increases
- Occlusion miliaria, a skin condition that is accompanied by anhidrosis and increased susceptibility to heat
- Occlusion culling or hidden surface determination, a 3D computer graphics process
- Ambient occlusion, a shading method used in 3D computer graphics
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO), a computer graphics rendering technique
- Vascular occlusion, blockage of a blood vessel
- Occlusive, a stop consonant in which the vocal tract is blocked so that all airflow ceases
- Occlusive dressing, an air- and water-tight trauma dressing used in first aid
- Occultation, when one object is hidden by another object that passes between it and the observer
- Occlusal trauma, damage incurred when teeth are left in traumatic occlusion without proper treatment
- Occluded front, part of cyclone formation
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.