Ocean City School District
|Ocean City School District|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Kathleen W. Taylor|
|Business Administrator:||Tom Grossi|
|Address:||501 Atlantic Avenue
Ocean City, NJ 08226
|Enrollment:||2,108 (as of 2007-08)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||206.8|
|District Factor Group:||DE|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,921||63||1,674||14.8%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||82,240||70||57,597|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-12 districts with 1,801-3,500 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=70
The Ocean City School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through twelfth grade from Ocean City, in Cape May County, New Jersey, United States.
Merger discussions with the Sea Isle City School District in 2008 ended after the Ocean City district indicated that it did want to accept Sea Isle City's tenured teachers, which it would be required to do under state law. Sea Isle City currently spends $35,000 per student and hoped to see savings through the merger, even after adding in transportation costs.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Elementary Schools
- Ocean City Primary School (K-3; 309 students)
- Dr. Joanne Walls - Principal
- Ocean City Intermediate School (4-8; 454 students)
- Dr. Pamela Vaughan - Principal
- High School
- Ocean City High School (9-12; 1,345 students)
- Dr. Matthew Jamison - Principal
- Dr. Kathleen W. Taylor, Superintendent
- Tom Grossi, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Ocean City School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 28, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Ocean City High School 2010 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 28, 2010. "Ocean City High School is a comprehensive high school serving the communities of Ocean City, Upper Township, Sea Isle City, and Corbin City, with an enrollment of over 1,280 students. "
- Editorial. Merging schools / Law makes it hard, The Press of Atlantic City, June 30, 2008. Accessed June 30, 2008.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Data for the Ocean City School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 28, 2011.
- Ocean City Board of Education, Ocean City School District. Accessed March 28, 2011.
- Cape May County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Ocean City School District
- Ocean City School District's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Ocean City School District, National Center for Education Statistics