Ocean Nutrition Canada
|Founded||1997 in Bedford, Nova Scotia|
|Headquarters||Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Key people||Martin Jamieson CEO|
|Products||Fish Oil Capsules
Meg-3 Brand Microcapsules
They are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Ocean Nutrition Canada operates four facilities:
- A research and development facility as well as a microencapsulation plant in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- An oil processing and refinement plant in Mulgrave, Nova Scotia.
- An oil processing and refinement plant in Piura, Peru.
- An oil processing and microencapsulation plant at Arcadia, Wisconsin.
The company specializes in the microencapsulation of fish oil, and markets this ingredient as Meg-3.
The company began in 1997 with four employees and has grown to over 300 employees worldwide.
On 18 May 2012, Royal DSM from The Netherlands announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Clearwater Fine Foods and funds managed by Richardson Capital to acquire Ocean Nutrition Canada for a total enterprise value of CAD 540 million. The deal was completed in July.
- Foot, Richard (2 November 2011). "Ocean Nutrition thinks local - on a global scale". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "DSM to acquire Ocean Nutrition Canada to expand its Nutritional Lipids growth platform" (Press release). DSM. 18 May 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Cosgrove, Colleen. "N.S. still has role in market after sale of Ocean Nutrition". The Chronicle Herald. Retrieved 28 June 2013.