Ocean View, Queensland
|Population||817 (2011 census)|
|Location||44 km (27 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
|State electorate(s)||Pine Rivers|
In the 2011 Census the population of Ocean View is 817, 50.2% female and 49.8% male.
The median/average age of the Ocean View population is 44 years of age, 7 years above the Australian average.
76.4% of people living in Ocean View were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 6.3%, New Zealand 3.1%, South Africa 1.6%, Germany 1.1%, Netherlands 0.6%.
92.3% of people speak English as their first language 1.1% German, 0.9% Dutch, 0.7% Afrikaans, 0.5% Polish, 0% Gaelic (Scotland).
Ocean View is the gateway to the mountain range of Mount Mee, about 10 minutes drive from the town of Dayboro, and located on top of the mountain. It is a very quiet and secluded rural suburb, covered with acreage properties, small farms, and winery estates.
- A Telstra telephone exchange
- Ocean View Rural Fire Brigade
- Old Mill Veterinary Surgery (Small Animal & Large Animal Services)
Places of interest
- Rosalie Waters - Bed & Breakfast
- Ocean View Winery Estate & Restaurant
- Glengariff Historic Estate - Winery and Restaurant (located on the Ocean View/King Scrub border)
- Gerard Poed Gallery - Panoramic Landscape Photography
- Old Mill Veterinary Surgery - The Historic Saw Mill on Mount Mee Road
- Slickers Horse Riding - Horse Riding in the beautiful scenic Oceanview/Mt Mee area
- Sophies Horse Services - Trail Rides, Lessons, Barefoot Trimming
- Pit Stop Cafe`
- Oceanview Beef
Ocean View belongs to two primary school catchment areas. Areas from Highcrest St and Seaview Crt belong to the Mt Mee State School catchment. Areas from the Ocean View Winery and below belong to the Dayboro State School catchment area. Neither of the these schools currently has a catchment plan in place so these school maps are not available on the Education Queensland website. However, Wamuran State School does have a catchment plan and the pertinent boundaries for the other schools can been seen on this map.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Ocean View (Pine Rivers Shire) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 October 2009.