Ocimum Bio Solutions
|Key people||Anuradha Acharya, CEO
Subash Lingareddy, CFO
Dr. Sujata Pammi, CSO
Ocimum Biosolutions LLC, is a multi-national Biotechnology product development company and a contract research organization, headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana and HITEC City, Hyderabad, India. Ocimum focuses on genomics, LIMS, bioinformatics, computational biology, software engineering, sequencing, microarrays and contract research services to develop solutions for life sciences research. 
Ocimum Bio Solutions was founded in August 2000 as a Delaware company by Anuradha Acharya, Subash Lingareddy, and Dr. Sujata Pammi. In 2001 it started its India Operations in Hyderabad. It started as a pure play bioinformatics company and slowly expanded its scope to adding wet lab capabilities and strengthened it through its multiple acquisitions. In 2010 the company appointed Dr. Norman Russell as President of the Gene Logic division of Ocimum Biosolutions In 2011, Ocimum started a high end BioIT consulting division. In early 2012, the Gene Logic division sold its Biorepository business to Transgenomics and moved the rest of the services and database business to its Indian headquarters.
Ocimum acquired GD business of MWG Biotech in Germany in 2005, the Oligo business from Isogen Lifesciences in the Netherlands in 2006 and the genomics division of Gene Logic in Gaithersburg US in 2007.
- Ocimum is a Red Herring "Asia 100 Private Company"
- Deloitte Fast 50 India and Fast 500 Asia in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Ocimum Biosolutions named as "NASSCOM IT Innovator 2008" by NASSCOM.
- "Customer Value Enhancement Award" for Laboratory Information Management in India, at the 2012 Frost & Sullivan Indian Growth, Innovation & Leadership Awards.
- "Business / Briefly : Cerilliant selects Ocimum solution". The Hindu. 2004-12-17. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Publication references « Anu Acharya's Blog – Going Global with Genomics". Anuacharya.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Business / Briefly : Ocimum solution for Canadian firm". The Hindu. 2004-07-10. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- Gita Surie (2011-09-22). "Ocimum Biosolutions: From Bioinformatics to Integrated Custom Research Outsourcing: Article : Gita Surie". hbr.com.
- "Gene Logic announces appointment of Norrie Russell as President". 2010-09-02.
- Bioentrepreneur (2011-04-21). "What mergers can do for you : Article : Bioentrepreneur". Nature.com. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy News : Ocimum Bio wins award". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-10-22.