|Ministry of Youth and Sport|
February 26, 2012 – May 30, 2012
|Preceded by||Ion Cebanu|
|Succeeded by||Octavian Bodișteanu|
August 21, 1972 |
|Alma mater||[University of Iaşi]|
Octavian Ţicu was head of the International Relations and Political Science Chair of the History and International Relations Faculty at the Free International University of Moldova, then Director of the Institute of History and Political Science. Octavian Ţicu holds a degree in history from the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi, Romania, where he also studied for a Ph.D. (1994–2000). He is author of three books (including one published in Germany).
Octavian Ţicu is a member of the Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Moldova. Octavian Ţicu has received numerous awards that allowed him to do research in Romania, Russia, Hungary,France, Switzerland,and the United States of America. Presently he is researcher-coordinator at the Institute of History, State and Law, Academy of Science of Moldova.
The executive approved the resignation of former minister Ion Cebanu on 6 February 2013. On the 26th of February 2013 Octavian Țîcu assumed office of Ministry of Youth and Sport of Republic of Moldova.
- In 2010, he was awarded Medal "Civic Merit" by the President of the Republic of Moldova.
- In 2004, he received the National Youth Prize in the field of Science and Literature for his monograph, entitled The Problem of Basarabia and Soviet-Romanian Ties in the Interwar Period (1919–1939).
- During his student years, Ţicu was a professional boxer and won multiple international awards. He represented Moldova at the 1996 Summer Olympics and won the Silver Medal at the European Boxing Cup (1999, Ukraine). He is also a multiple national champion in Moldova.
- Ticu Octavian
- Octavian Ticu, al doilea la Cupa Europei
- Octavian Ticu
- (Romanian) Preşedintele interimar al Republicii Moldova Mihai Ghimpu a emis un decret prezidenţial privind constituirea Comisiei pentru studierea şi aprecierea regimului comunist totalitar din Republica Moldova.
- Moldovan authorities going to condemn communist regime…
- Hundreds of thousands of cases to be examined by commission for combating Communism
- http://www.privesc.eu/?p=1884 - The first press conference of the Commission, Moldpress, January 18, 2010. Video.
- http://www.timpul.md/article/2010/01/18/5881 - interview with Gheorghe Cojocaru, president of the Commission.
- (Romanian) Vladimir Tismăneanu, Un moment istoric: Comisia de studiere a comunismului
- Site-ul Parlamentului Republicii Moldova
- 165/14.01.2010 Decret privind constituirea Comisiei pentru studierea si aprecierea regimului comunist totalitar din Republica Moldova, Monitorul Oficial 5-7/3, 19.01.2010