October 6 University
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|October 6th University (O6U)
جامعة السادس من أكتوبر
|President||Ahmed Attia Saeda|
|Location||Giza, 6th of October City, Egypt
October 6 University (O6U) is a private university in Egypt. It was established by the Republican Decree no (243) in 1996.
O6U is located in the 6th of October City, 32 km from downtown Cairo. O6U Campus consists of four educational buildings, the teaching hospital and the hotel for female students, while the central library and male students hotel are located 150 meters away from the campus. October 6 University has about 14,085 students.
All the awarded degrees are accredited and validated by the Egyptian Supreme Council of Universities. The University is a member of the Association of Arab Universities since 1997 and also a member of the Association of African Universities.
4. Applied Medical Sciences
6. Physical Therapy
7. Info. System & Comp. Science
8. Applied Arts
9. Media & Mass Comm.
10. Economics & Management
11. Languages & Translation
13. Social Science
14. Tourism & Hotel MGMT.
- Graduate University on October 6
An academic cooperation agreement was signed between many governmental universities and October 6 University (O6U) and endorsed by the supreme council of national and private universities June 4, 2011 by which O6U is allowed to offer postgraduate programs in Collaboration with Theses Universities and the degree will be granted by them . Postgraduate Studies
October 6 University Hospital
The hospital is built on a surface area of 45000 square meters. It has a capacity of 360 beds, 20% out of them, are offering free of charge service for education purposes.
The University has many institutes of higher education under the name Culture & Science City
The Culture and Science City has two campuses, the first one is located in 6 October City, and the second is located in Sheraton and distributed per the following locations:
6 October Campus
- Higher Institute of Engineering
- Higher Institute for Mass Media and Communication Techniques;
- Higher Institute for Computer Science and Information Systems;
- Higher Institute of Languages;
- Higher Institute of Administrative Sciences;
- Higher Institute of Economics and Environment;
- Higher Institute for Social Work;
- Higher Institute for Optics Technology;
- Egyptian Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotels;
- Higher Institute for Languages - (Sheraton Buildings).
Six of October University Library (SOUL)
Six October University Library (SOUL) is considered as one of the largest , well–stocked university libraries in Egypt. SOUL is located outside the university campus (150 m away from it) & is designed to be an integrated and all–embracing cultural complex to support the instructional and research needs of university community and beyond. SOUL learning technology consists of the Libraries, academic computing services, center for learning and teaching. SOUL offers: online and offline access to databases, e-books and imprint. It houses thousands of volumes, microfilms, digital collection, multimedia materials, and serial titles.
- o6u.edu.eg October 6 University official website
- About O6U o6u.edu.eg
- A Guide on: Faculties and Institutes of Higher Education in the Arab Republic of Egypt 2008 - 2009 Minister of Higher Education‟s Bureau Information Unit
- Egypt, Countries, Association of Arab Universities
- Members in good standing, Association of African Universities, 20 september 2013
- A Guide on Faculties and Institutes of Higher Education in the Arab Republic of Egypt (PDF). Egypt: Ministry of Higher Education, Arab Republic of Egypt. 2008–2009.
|last1=in Authors list (help)