October 6 University
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|October 6 University|
|President||Ahmed Attia Seida|
|Location||6th of October City|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Faculties
- 3 Hostel and restaurant
- 4 October 6 University Hospital
- 5 Quality Assurance & Accreditation Center
- 6 References
October 6 University is the FIRST & the LARGEST private university in Egypt. It was established by the presidential decree number 243 for the year 1996, then became a member of the Arab Universities Association in 1997 and also a member in association of African universities. All the degrees awarded by the university are accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities. It comprises different kinds of academic, administrative and social facilities that cater to and serve 14 faculties. The O6U campus has 4 educational buildings, the Hospital, educational hotel for female students, while the library and the educational hotel for male students are situated (150) meters outside the campus. October 6 University has also been accredited by the WHO (World Health Organization).The total number of student population is more than (12.000) from (42) different nationalities (international students amount to about third of them).
According to agreements made between O6U and the local factories, students may receive training inside these factories throughout the academic year or during the summer vacation.
- Faculty of Medicine.
- Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Faculty of Dentistry.
- Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences.
- Faculty of Engineering.
- Faculty of Physical Therapy.
- Faculty of Information Systems & Computer Science.
- Faculty of Applied Arts.
- Faculty of Media & Mass Communication.
- Faculty of Economics & Management.
- Faculty of Languages & Translation.
- Faculty of Education.
- Faculty of Hotel Management & Tourism.
Hostel and restaurant
There are two hostels in October 6 University. The first one is the Girls hostel, located on campus; the Boys hostel that is 150 m from the university.
Girls Hostel facilities and services
The hostel consists of 263 rooms (single and double). Most of the rooms are finely furnished, equipped with T.V., air conditioner, private bathrooms. The students dining rooms capacity is more than 500 chairs. There is a VIP restaurant.
An Internet lab is available for students with DSL cable and wireless services. Each floor has a living room with T.V., satellite system, and small fully equipped kitchen. Housekeeping and room services are available all day.
Boys Hostel facilities and services
There are 231 rooms (single and double). Most of the hostel’s rooms equipped with T.V. and air conditioner and a private bathroom. The main restaurant’s capacity is 700 chairs with highly equipped and organized food line. The two main entrances of the hostel are on the first and second floors. The internet lab is available for students with DSL cable. Wireless service is available in all rooms. Main living room has LCD TV and satellite system.
Services in both hostels
- Three meals are served per day.
- A fully equipped kitchen.
- The hostels are responsible for organizing most of the university events.
- Security service is available 24 hours.
October 6 University Hospital
The Teaching Hospital is dedicated from the beginning to provide distinguished clinical service based on health care quality assurance measures. Teaching, health care service and medical experience are offered by a well equipped hospital that form a part of the university premises within its campus. The hospital's building, is built on a surface area of 4000 square meters. It has a capacity of 360 beds, 20% of which offer free of charge service for teaching and education purposes. It competes with the biggest national universities and teaching hospitals, and is in continuous contact and collaboration with the famous local and international medical institutes and professional centers to improve the medical services. For More Information: http://www.osuth.org/
Hospital Teaching Section
Cost free service outpatient clinics with different specialties are daily available to offer the diagnostic and therapeutic services by a group of distinguished consultants and specialists recruited from the most reputable and leading Egyptian Faculties of Medicine. Clinical doctors and professors engage small group medical students, residents, postdoctoral fellows in the outpatient setting and in the clinical inpatients rounds. They provide participants with the knowledge and skills they need for medical education and to practice with effective, correct and good performance.
Hospital facilities that serve the teaching purposes
- Operating Theaters.
- Highly equipped cardiac catheter Theater with audiovisual aids for monitoring and teaching purposes.
- GIT Endoscopy department with advanced endoscopes connected with audiovisual aids for monitoring and teaching purposes.
- Renal dialysis Department
- Neonatology Department
- Diagnostic Radiology Department
- Coast free inpatient departments
- Skill Laboratory: Supplied with a group of plastic models with simulator programs for training purposes. They include models for cardiac diseases with the characteristic heart sound of each condition, a model for CPR measures, model for upper respiratory intubation and how to deal with inhaled foreign bodies, a model for genital area for training on catheter applications. It contains a model for a pregnant patient simulating normal delivery, and a model for neonates. In addition there are samples for training on simple surgical procedures like wound and burns managements and sutures.
Teaching outpatients clinics including
- Cardiology clinic.
- Ear, Nose and Throat clinic.
- General Surgery clinic.
- Gynecology and Obstetrics clinic.
- Internal Medicine clinic.
- Orthopedics clinic
- Ophthalmology clinic.
- Pediatrics clinic.
- Skin and Venereal Diseases clinic
- Urology clinic.
- Orthopaedic Clinic.
- Dentistry Clinic.
- Physiotherapy Clinic.
Quality Assurance & Accreditation Center
The Mission of Quality Assurance and Accreditation Center
Disseminating the quality culture at the university, following up the support provided to self-studies in the faculties, and verifying that the academic standards derived from the mission of the university are defined and implemented in accordance with the national and international equivalent standards. The mission also includes the compatibility and conformance of the quality of learning opportunities, researches, and community service to the expectations of the different beneficiaries who deal with the university. Moreover, the mission includes the acquisition of the community trust on the university graduates via depending on peculiar and proficient human resources according to nationally and internationally acknowledged procedures within an independent and transparent framework.
The Vision of Quality Assurance and Accreditation Center
Achieving distinction & leadership in higher education quality & development, qualifying the university to have a unique identity among the Arab & Egyptian Universities & acquiring the Accreditation of the National Authority together with the International Entities.
Objectives of the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Center
1. Disseminating the quality culture and increase the awareness on the quality assurance importance and its techniques at the university.
2. Preparing the October 6 University (O6U) faculties for the development stage in reach for the quality assurance and accreditation (internal and external audits), as well as continuous follow-up of the improvement performance after accreditation.
3. Verifying that the curricula as a whole attain their learning outcomes via providing students with the necessary knowledge and skills required to fulfill their mission successfully in accordance with the mission and the ILOs of the university.
4. Making sure that the academic criteria derived from the O6U mission are defined and attained in accordance with their national and international equivalent standards.
5. Raising the standard of the quality of learning opportunities, developing research and social participation to ensure their compliance with the expectations of the various beneficiaries of the service.
6. Developing the academic performance of the faculty staff members and their assistants, providing them with what is new in their careers, and training them on the latest educational technology.
7. Developing the leadership and administration systems in all the faculties and verifying their efficiency in managing the existing academic activities together with their ability to respond to improvement and development.
8. Following up of self-evaluation, internal reports and improvement plans in the faculties and activating their implementation till reaching the projected quality.
9. Verifying the implementation of efficient and instant steps in the faculties to enhance the points of strengths and those of weakness within each faculty.
10. Establishing a database and documenting the information and activities held in all the faculties.