Oda Nobutada (織田 信忠?, 1557 – June 21, 1582) was the eldest son of Oda Nobunaga, and a samurai who fought in many battles during the Sengoku period. He commanded armies under his father in battles against Matsunaga Hisahide and against the Takeda clan.
In 1582, his father was forced to commit suicide when one of his generals, Akechi Mitsuhide, turned on him (see Incident at Honnōji). Nobutada fled to Azuchi Castle, where he was set upon by Akechi's men and forced to commit suicide himself.
- Father: Oda Nobunaga (1536-1582)
- Mother: Kitsuno (1528-1566)
- Wife: Matsuhime (daughter of Takeda Shingen)
- Son: Oda Hidenobu - eldest son
- Turnbull, Stephen (1998). The Samurai Sourcebook. London: Cassell & Co.
|This article about samurai or samurai-related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|