Odd, a name of Old Norse origin (Oddr), the 11th most common male name in Norway. It is rarely used in other countries, though sometimes appearing in other Nordic countries. In old Norse the word means sharp end of an arrow or edge of blade.
Oddur is an Icelandic and Faroese form of the name.
As a curiosity, note that Even is also a common male name in Norway.
Notable people named Odd
- Odd Aalen, statistician
- Odd Aukrust, economist
- Odd Bull, UN official
- Odd Børre, singer
- Odd Børretzen, author, illustrator and translator
- Odd Gleditsch, Sr., businessman
- Odd Hassel, chemist and Nobel laureate
- Odd Iversen, footballer
- Odd Lindbäck-Larsen, World War II military officer and concentration camp survivor
- Odd Nansen, architect
- Odd Nerdrum, painter
- Odd Nordstoga, musician
- Odd Roger Enoksen, politician
- Odd Strand, civil servant
- Odd Winger journalist, novelist and children's writer
- Odd With, politician
- Odd Øyen, Norwegian resistance member and anaesthetist
- Odd Della Robbia, a character in the French animated television series Code Lyoko