Odetta at Carnegie Hall
|Odetta at Carnegie Hall|
|Live album by Odetta|
The Choir of the Church of the Master accompanies Odetta on the last four songs.
At Carnegie Hall is also available along with At Town Hall from the same era, on Vanguard's double-LP The Essential Odetta, but the CD version of that release omits two songs from the At Carnegie Hall LP and 8 songs from the At Town Hall LP. It was also re-released on CD along with Ballad For Americans and Other American Ballads on the Italian label Universe. It is difficult to locate as an import.
- "If I Had a Hammer" (Pete Seeger, Lee Hays)
- "Red Clay Country"
- "When I Was a Young Girl"
- "Gallows Pole" (Traditional)
- "God's A-Gonna Cut You Down"
- "John Riley"
- "John Henry" (Traditional)
- "Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho" (Traditional)
- "All The Pretty Little Horses"
- "Prettiest Train"
- "Meeting at the Building"
- "No More Auction Block"
- "Hold On"
- "Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child" (Traditional)
- "Ain't No Grave Can Hold My Body Down"
- Odetta – vocals, guitar
- Bill Lee – bass
- in the last four tracks, assisted by the Choir of the Master, Dr. Theodore Stent, Choir Director