Oecomys trinitatis, also known as the Long-furred Oecomys, Long-furred Rice Rat, Trinidad Arboreal Rice Rat, or Big Arboreal Rice Rat, is a species of rodent in the genus Oecomys of family Cricetidae. As currently constituted, it has a wide distribution in Central America and South America, being found in southern Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, much of Brazil, eastern Ecuador, and eastern Peru. It may in fact include more than one species.
- ^ a b c d Costa et al., 2008
- ^ Musser and Carleton, 2005
- ^ Duff and Lawson, 2004
- Costa, L., Bonvicino, C., Weksler, M. and Emmons, L. 2008. Oecomys trinitatis. In IUCN. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2009.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on December 2, 2009.
- Duff, A. and Lawson, A. 2004. Mammals of the World: A checklist. New Haven: A & C Black. ISBN 0-7136-6021-X
- Musser, G.G. and Carleton, M.D. 2005. Superfamily Muroidea. Pp. 894–1531 in Wilson, D.E. and Reeder, D.M. (eds.). Mammal Species of the World: a taxonomic and geographic reference. 3rd ed. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2 vols., 2142 pp. ISBN 978-0-8018-8221-0