Office of Emergency Management
In the United States, an Office of Emergency Management (OEM), alternatively called an Emergency Management Office (EMO) in some areas, is an agency at the local, state or national level that holds responsibility of comprehensively planning for and responding to all manner of disasters, whether man-made or natural. An OEM may also be requested to provide consequence management for large special events such as major gatherings, visiting dignitaries, etc. OEM is also used in Canada notably in Toronto.
- Colorado Local Emergency Responses: Colorado counties
- New York City Office of Emergency Management (web site)
- City of Houston Office of Emergency Management (web site)
- California Office of Emergency Services (OES)(web site)
- Colorado Division of Emergency Management (CDEM) (web site)
- New York State Emergency Management Office (SEMO) (web site)
- Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) (web site)
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management (web site)
- Wisconsin Emergency Management (web site)
- U.S. Territory of Guam Guam Homeland Security/Office of Civil Defense (GHS/OCD) (web site)
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Emergency Management Office (CNMI EMO) (web site)
- EPA Office of Emergency Management (website)
- The Office for Emergency Management was a World War II office in the Executive Office of the United States Government.
- City of Toronto Office of Emergency Management (City of Toronto OEM)
- Emergency Management Ontario (Emergency Management Ontario)
- Civil protection
- Hazard prevention
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Emergency management
- Tierney, Kathleen J.; Lindell, Michael K.; Perry, Ronald W. (2001). Facing the Unexpected: Disaster Preparedness and Response in the United States. Washington, D.C.: Joseph Henry Press. ISBN 0-309-06999-8.
- Waugh, William L. (2000). Living with Hazards, Dealing with Disasters: an Introduction to Emergency Management. Armonk, NY: ME Sharpe. ISBN 978-0-76563-163-3.