United Nations Office of Legal Affairs
It is currently administered by Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs and Legal Counsel of the United Nations Patricia O'Brien.
The Office consists of six units:
- Office of the Legal Counsel (OLC)
- General Legal Division (GLD)
- Codification Division (COD)
- Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea (DOALOS)
- International Trade Law Division (ITLD)
- Treaty Section (TREATY).
After their adoption, Treaties as well as their amendments have to follow the official legal procedures of the United Nations, as applied by the Office of Legal Affairs, including signature, ratification and entry into force.
- United Nations General Assembly Sixth Committee (Legal)
- International conventions on terrorism
- International Law Commission
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law
- Hans Corell: United Nations Office of Legal Affairs, in: Karel Wellens (ed.): International Law: Theory and Practice. Essays in Honour of Eric Suy, The Hague/Boston/London: Martinus Nijhoff 1998, pp. 305–322.
- UN Office of Legal Affairs (OLA)
- Treaty Section (OLA)
- United Nations Rule of Law: The Office of Legal Affairs, on the rule of law work conducted by the Office of Legal Affairs.
- The United Nations Audiovisual Library of International Law
|This United Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|