From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Officers)
This article is about the position. For the location in Australia, see Officer, Victoria. For the game, see Officers (video game).
An officer is a person who has a position of authority in a hierarchical organization.
- Captain (nautical), the person in charge of a merchant ship
- Chief Officer, typically the person in charge of the deck department of a merchant ship
- Second Officer (nautical), typically the navigator and medical officer on a merchant ship
- Third Officer or Third mate, typically the safety officer on a merchant ship
- Chief Engineering Officer. The person in charge of the technical department on a merchant ship.
- Second Engineering Officer. The person in charge of the engine room on a merchant ship.
- Third Engineering Officer. An Engineering Officer of the Watch.
- Corrections officer
- Customs officer
- Officer of the court
- Bylaw enforcement officer
- Parking enforcement officer
- Probation officer or Parole officer
- Law enforcement officer or Peace officer
- Police officer
- Security officer
Politics and government
- Chief Medical Officer
- Presiding Officer (disambiguation)
- Returning officer
- Foreign Service Officer, a diplomatic officer
Ceremonial and other contexts
- Bank officer
- Chief academic officer, a provost
- Corporate officer, a corporate title
- First Officer (disambiguation)
- Great Officer of State
- Merchant marine officer or licensed mariner
- Officer of arms
- Officer, a grade, class, or rank of within certain chivalric orders and orders of merit (e.g. Order of the British Empire, National Order of the Cedar, Légion d'honneur)
- Officer in The Salvation Army, and other state decorations
- Sabbatical officer