Mainzer Zitadelle, 2005
|Controlled by||Nazi Germany|
|In use||1940 – 1942|
In June 1940 British, Belgian, Dutch and French senior officers and a small number of orderlies were transported to Mainz from transit camps in France and Belgium after the end of the Battle of France. In June 1942, all inmates were transferred to Oflag XII-A in Hadamar, near Limburg, which was then renumbered Oflag XII-B.
- Sylvain Eugène Raynal (World War I)
- Salomon Gluck (World War II)
- Fernand Braudel (World War II)
- André Schulmann (World War II)
- Paul-Louis Roche (World War II)
- Jean-Louis Morvan (World War II)
- "Kriegsgefangenenlager (Liste)". Moosburg Online. 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.