Ogan Komering Ulu Regency
|Ogan Komering Ulu Regency|
Location in South Sumatra
|• Total||10,408 km2 (4,019 sq mi)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
The regency is one of the major rice producing areas of South Sumatra, mainly concentrated in the Belitang District, Buay Madang District, Cempaka District and Martapura Districts with a large-scale irrigation scheme covering some 120,000 hectares. Other crops include rubber, coffee, black pepper, coconut, palm oil and fruits such as orange, durian, duku, rambutan and banana.
Harimau Cave and Putri Cave
Both caves lay in the same Padangbindu village 35 kilometers from Baturaja. Harimau (Tiger) Cave entrance is 40 to 50 meters wide and 20 to 35 meters height. Since 2008 to mid-2013 archaelogists have found 72 skeletons of mongoloid race with prediction 3,000 years of age and the excavation is still running. Some of the skeletons are displayed in Si Pahit Lidah (Bitter Tongue) Museum near Putri (Princess) Cave. Putri Cave has 20x160 meter square pond.
Harimau Cave is located 30 meters above Air Kaman Basa River and 1.5 kilometers from Ogan River. Archeologists predicted that the cave has been used since 15 centuries ago and at least there are 3 different cultures have founded with the last culture is 3,500 years ago (Bronze Age) with metal apparatus similar with has been found in Dong son sites, Vietnam. There are also 34 geometric pictures in Harimau Cave which the picture is never found at any other caves in Sumatra.
- "Potential and Investment Opportunity". Simperdal. Retrieved 19 February 2011.
- "Gua Harimau Menguak Istana Manusia Prasejarah yang Penuh Misteri". June 16, 2013.
- Kharisma Tri Saputra. "Gua Harimau di OKU Dihuni 14.000 Tahun". Retrieved September 12, 2014.
- Kharisma Tri Saputra. "Manusia Gua Harimau Sudah Berdagang dengan Vietnam Sejak 3.500 Tahun Lalu". Retrieved September 12, 2014.
- Yohanes Iswahyudi. "Ternyata Ada 34 Motif Lukisan di Dinding Gua Harimau". Retrieved September 12, 2014.
|This South Sumatra location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|