||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
|Full name||Ogenyi Eddy Onazi|
|Date of birth||25 December 1992|
|Place of birth||Jos, Nigeria|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Central Midfielder|
|El Kanemi Warriors|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Early years in Nigeria
Onazi began playing football on the streets of Jos at a tender age. His football skills and abilities drew a lot of attention to him and afforded him the opportunity to play in some academies in the city.
Onazi joined Lazio in 2011, alongside his teammate, Sani Emmanuel. The pair trialled in Italy following their impressive performances at the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup, in which Nigeria reached the final on home soil, losing to Switzerland.
Onazi was first promoted to the Lazio first team during the 2011–12 season after impressing at youth level. He made his Serie A debut as a substitute in the penultimate match of the season, replacing Senad Lulić in the 90th minute. Lazio recorded a 2-0 victory over Atalanta at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia in Bergamo.
Under coach Vladimir Petković, Onazi was granted more playing time alongside Cristian Ledesma in a defensive midfielder role. Notably, Onazi started in a UEFA Europa League match against Tottenham at White Hart Lane, which ended in a 0-0 draw.
2012 - 2013 Season
In his debut season for S.S. Lazio, Onazi got an impressive 28 appearances under his belt.
He had a total of 15 Seria A appearances with 8 starts and 7 substitute appearances, 2 Coppa Italia starts and 11 Europa League appearances.
2013 - 2014 Season
In his second season where his maturity comes to fore, Onazi had made a total of 16 appearances for the team as at 27th November 2013.
As a 16-year old, Onazi represented his country at the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup, where Nigeria finished runners-up.
He was called up to Nigeria's 23-man squad for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations. Onazi came on as a substitute in Nigeria's first match of the tournament against Burkina Faso, whom they would eventually face again in the final. Notably, Onazi played every minute of all Nigeria's games in the knockout phase, including the final.
While dining one night out in Rome, Onazi saw a pickpocket snatch a woman's purse. He chased down and appehended the thief.
- Ogenyi Onazi – FIFA competition record
- http://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/9925 SERIE A MATCH REPORT Serie A Week 37–6 May 2012 (15.00 UK) Atalanta 0 - 2 Lazio
- Ederson e Onazi, Lazio padrona d'Europa ilmessaggero.it
- "What A Blast! Ogenyi Onazi (Lazio) vs Inter Milan". inside World Soccer. 8 May 2013.
- Eaglet Onazi soars to fly with the Super Eagles
- Oluwashina Okeleji (10 January 2013). "Nations Cup 2013: Nigeria pick six locally-based players". BBC Sport. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Nigeria to take new-look squad to Confederations Cup". BBC Sport. 9 June 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Lazio’s Ogenyi Onazi Shows Supreme Turn Of Pace, Chases Pickpocket Through Streets Of Rome To Retrieve Tourist’s Wallet". whoateallthepies.tv. Retrieved 30 October 2013.