|Birth name||Herminio Jose Lualhati Alcasid, Jr.|
|Born||August 27, 1967|
|Labels||Octoarts, PolyEast Records Philippines
MCA Music Philippines
Herminio Jose Lualhati Alcasid, Jr., more popularly known as Ogie Alcasid (born August 27, 1967), is a Filipino singer-songwriter, television presenter, comedian, parodist, and actor.He is currently the President of OPM (Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang-Aawit) and Commissioner of the Edsa People Power Commission.
- La Salle, Greenhills (1974-1981)
- La Salle, Greenhills (1981-1985)
- University of the Philippines, Diliman (1986-1993)
Alcasid's television career started as one of the hosts of comedy show Small Brothers on ABS-CBN on 1992. He also appeared on other comedy programs such as ABS-CBN's Mana Mana (from 1991 to 1992), ABC's Tropang Trumpo (from 1994 to 1995), GMA Network's Bubble Gang (from 1995 to 2013), QTV's Ay, Robot! (from 2005 to 2007), and a sitcom Show Me Da Manny (from 2010 to 2011).
He also branched out as a game show host, beginning in ABS-CBN's Game Na Game Na on 1995 and the Philippine version of Family Feud on ABC-5 in 2001. He also hosted Fastbreak, a former basketball game show on IBC 13 in 2002. Alcasid also recently hosted Celebrity Duets: Philippine Edition on GMA with Regine Velasquez and is currently one of the main hosts on musical variety show SOP Rules. Alcasid had his own break in a GMA Primetime drama Hanggang Kailan opposite Lorna Tolentino and Christopher de Leon. This was Alcasid's first drama show and he also sung its main theme with Aiza Seguerra.
Alcasid is recently the judge in Pinoy Idol. and hosted in his former game shows Da Big Show and Hole In The Wall (with his fellow co-host, Michael V). He played a spoiled brat Angelina in "Ang Spoiled" segment on Bubble Gang.
Alcasid returned to sitcom via "Show Me Da Manny", playing "Manny Pa-Cute".
Alcasid also hosted a kids documentary show on GMA, "Kap's Amazing Stories Kids Edition: Featuring Wild Animals", with co-hosts Ramboy Revilla and Jayda Avanzado.
In 2013, Alcasid left the main cast of Bubble Gang and bid farewell to GMA Network. He moved to a new channel network, TV5. His first project under the channel was The Mega and The Songwriter which he co-hosts with Sharon Cuneta. The show premiered on September 15.
- Small Brothers with Lil' Sisters on ABS-CBN (1992)
- Appeared on the comedy series Bakla Ako on ABS-CBN (1991-1992)
- Tropang Trumpo ABC-5 (1995–Late 1990s)
- Bubble Gang GMA Network (1995-2013)
- Daldalita (2011)
- Ay, Robot!, a comedy series in (QTV-11) (2005-2007)
- Appeared on the series Show Me Da Manny (2010-2011)
- Hosted (ABS-CBN)'s Game Na Game Na on 1995
- Hosted the Philippine version of Family Feud on (ABC-5) in 2001
- Hosted Fastbreak, a former basketball game show on (IBC-13) in 2002
- Hosted Celebrity Duets: Philippine Edition on GMA with Regine Velasquez
- Main hosts on musical variety show SOP Rules
- GMA Primetime drama Hanggang Kailan
- Judge in Pinoy Idol.
- Hosted game shows Da Big Show and Hole In The Wall
- Hosted a kids documentary show on GMA, "Kap's Amazing Stories Kids Edition: Featuring Wild Animals", with co-hosts Ramboy Revilla and Jayda Avanzado.
- Hosted Protégé: The Battle For The Big Break (2011)
- Hosted Mind Master (2011)
- Diva Champion 2013
- Main host and performer at Party Pilipinas
- Guest actor for Mga Kuwento Ni Lolo Bakang
- Hosted Pare and Mare with Michael V (2012)
- Played lead in afternoon soap Sugar Mommy
- Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang?
- Dito Sa Puso Ko
- Ikaw Lamang
- Ikaw Sana
- Hanggang Sa Dulo ng Walang Hanggan
- Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala (with Aiza Seguerra) ["Hanggang Kailan" Movie Theme Song]
- Kahit Na Malayo Ka
- Kailangan Kita
- Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw
- Kung Ako'y Iiwan Mo
- Kung Mawawala Ka (with Karylle)
- Kung Sakali Man
- Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo
- Lumilipad Ako
- Mahal Kita Walang Iba
- May Bukas Pa
- Minamahal Ko Siya
- Nandito Ako
- Never Givin' Up
- Ngayon at Kailanman
- Sa Kanya ["Hiram na Puso" Movie Theme Song]
- Sinasamba Kita
- Sir Duke
- Siya Ang Bida
- Tanging Ikaw ["Luna Mystika", a GMA-7 Teleserye Theme Song]
- Tong Kantang Tong Kay Tsong Kay Tsang [Gosh Theme from "Bubble Gang" TV Gag Show]
- Ikaw Ang Aking Pangarap
- Mahal kita walang iba
- Nandito ako
- Pangarap kong ibigin ka
- Kung mawawala ka
- Huwag ka lang mawawala
- Kailangan kita
- Kailangan ko’y ikaw
- Paano kita iibigin
- Hanggang ngayon
- Kahit na malayo ka
- Wag mong iwan (Yeng Constantino)
- Sino ako
- Urduja (babae ako)
- Tanging ikaw lamang
- Ikaw ang pag-ibig ko (Ang babaeng hinugot sa aking tadyang)
- Ako’y sayo (totoy bato)
- Walang iba (Diva)
- Bakit ngayon ka lang
- Lumilipad (Ruffa mae Quinto)
- Ikaw sana (Mark Herras and Jennylyn Mercado soap)
- Ikaw ang aking pangarap (Lobo)
- Tayong dalawa (Amaya)
- Ikaw ang pag-ibig
- Masikip sa dibdib
- Di ko na kayang masaktan pa
- Mga nakaw na sandal
- Ang aking puso
Alcasid debuted as a singer in 1989 with the release of his self-titled album. Ogie Alcasid reached gold record status, while his debut single "Nandito Ako" (I Am Here) was awarded "Song of the Year" by local radio station Magic 89.9. He has since released 18 albums, including a Christmas album (Larawan ng Pasko/ Images of Christmas, 1994), a live album (OA sa Hits (Live), 2002), and four greatest hits albums.
He has received a total of twelve gold records, three platinum records, and three double platinum records.
|Year of release||Title||Certification|
|1991||A Step Ahead||Platinum|
|1993||On Air||Double Platinum|
|1994||Larawan ng Pasko (Picture of Christmas)|
|1995||A Different Light||Gold|
|1998||Ogie 10th-All the Best||Platinum|
|2000||Now and Then||Gold|
|2002||A Better Man||Double Platinum|
|2002||OA sa Hits (Live)|
|2003||Mga Kuwento ng Pag-ibig (Stories of Love)||Double Platinum|
|2004||The Songbird and the Songwriter||Platinum|
|2004||I Am a Singer||Gold|
|2005||Ogie Alcasid Greatest Hits||Gold|
|2006||Greatest Hits, an Audio-visual Anthology|
|2007||Ogie All the Classics|
|2008||The Great Filipino Songbook||Gold|
|2010||Ngayon At Kailanman: A Tribute To George Canseco||Gold|
|2012||The Songwriter & The Hitmakers||Gold|
- Boy Pick Up The Movie Album (Universal Records, 2012)
- I Do Bidoo Bidoo (Available only on iTunes Downloading released in 2012)
|2014||Confessions of a Torpe||Tupe Catacutan||TV5||Lead Role|
|2013||The Mega and The Songwriter||Himself||TV5||Co-Host|
|Tropa Mo Ko Unli||Himself||TV5||Various|
|Sunday All Stars||Himself||GMA Network||Host|
|Magpakailanman: Rolando Niangar Story||Rolando Niangar||GMA Network||Guest Star|
|2012||My Daddy Dearest||Bong Adonis / Sampaguita||GMA Network||Lead Role|
|Pare & Pare||Himself||GMA Network||Host|
|2011||Daldalita||Mateo Matias||GMA Network||Lead Role|
|Protégé: The Battle For The Big Break||Himself||GMA Network||Host|
|Mind Master||Himself||GMA Network||Host|
|2010||Hole In The Wall (Season 2)||Himself (as Kim Min Yung-only at the first week, later performed other roles, same goes with Michael V.)||GMA Network||Host|
|Party Pilipinas||Himself||GMA Network||Co-Host|
|Kap's Amazing Stories Kids Edition||Himself||GMA Network||Host|
|Show Me Da Manny||Manny Pa-Cute||GMA Network||Supporting Role|
|2009||Hole in the Wall||Himself (as Angelina)||GMA Network||Host|
|2008||Pinoy Idol||Himself||GMA Network||Idol Jury Member|
|Da Big Show||Himself||GMA Network||Host|
|2007||Mga Kuwento Ni Lola Basyang||Rodrigo||GMA Network||Lead Role|
|2006||Magpakailanman||Former Sen. Juan Flavier||GMA Network||Lead Role|
|2005||Ay Robot!||Douglas||QTV||Lead Role|
|2003||Hanggang Kailan||George||GMA Network||Supporting Role|
|1997||SOP (Sobrang Okey Pare)||Himself||GMA Network||Co-Host|
|1995–2013||Bubble Gang||Himself||GMA Network||Various|
|1995||Game na Game Na||Himself||ABS-CBN||Host|
|1994-1995||Tropang Trumpo||Himself||ABC||Main Cast|
- Raketeros (August 7, 2013) Heaven's Best Entertainment
- I Do Bidoo Bidoo: Heto nAPO Sila!, 2012 Studio 5
- Boy Pick-Up: The Movie 2012 GMA Films
- Yaya and Angelina: The Spoiled Brat Movie! 2009 GMA Films
- OMG (Oh, My Girl!)  2009 Regal Entertainment
- Desperadas 2 2008 Regal Entertainment
- Shake, Rattle & Roll 2k5 2005 Regal Entertainment
- Masikip sa Dibdib 2004 Viva Films
- A.B. Normal College 2003 Viva Films
- Captain Barbell 2003 Premiere Entertainment
- Best Man: Nor Better Not 4 Worse 2002 OctoArts Films
- Pedro Penduko, Episode II: The Return of the Comeback 2000 Viva Films
- Nanggigigil Ako Sa Iyong Kagandahan 1999 OctoArts Films
- May Sayad 1998 OctoArts Films
- Ayos Lang, Pare Ko (It's Okay, My Buddy)1997 GMA Films
- Ten Little Indians 1996 Mahogany Pictures
- Pwera Biro, Mahal Kita (D' Beachboys) 1996 OctoArts Films
- Barkada walang atrasan 1995 OctoArts Films
- Si Ayala at Si Zobel 1995 OctoArts Films
- O Ha! Ako Pa! 1994 OctoArts Films
- Isko: Adventures in Animasia 1995 OctoArts Films
- Manila Girl: Ikaw ang aking panaginip 1995 Prime Pictures
- Manolo en Michelle Hapi Together 1994 OctoArts Films
- Mama's Boys 2 1994 OctoArts Films
- Victor Meneses: Dugong Kriminal 1994 OctoArts Films
- Mga Siyanong Parak 1993 Regal Entertainment
- Mama's Boys 1993 OctoArts Films
- Ali in Wonderland 1992 OctoArts Films
- Mahirap maging pogi 1992 Viva Films
- Magnong Rehas 1992 OctoArts Films
- Ano Ba Yan? 1992 M-Zet Films
- Working Students 1992 OctoArts Films
- Shake, Rattle & Roll III 1991 Regal Entertainment
- Kalabang Mortal Ni Baby Ama 1991 Movie Arts Productions
- Angelito San Miguel at ang mga Batang City Jail 1991 Viva Films
- Jesus Dela Cruz at ang mga Batang Riles 1991 Viva Films
- Tiny Terrestrial: The Tiny Professors 1991 OctoArts Films
- Pitong Gamol 1991 Viva Films
- Michael and Madonna 1990 Regal Entertainment
- Small En Terrible 1990 Regal Entertainment
- Feel Na Feel 1989 Regal Entertainment
- Popular Male recording Artist
- Representative to the 1990 ASEAN SONG FESTIVAL, Kuala Lumpur
- Awit Awards Best Revival Recording (PAGKAKATAON)
- Awit Awards Best Performance By A Male Recording Artist (MAHAL KITA, WALANG..)
- Awit Awards Best Movie/TV/Stage Theme Song (PAANO BA ANG MAG-ISA?)
- Awit Awards Best Performance By A Male Recording Artist (BAKIT NGAYON KA...)
- Awit Awards Best Movie/TV/Stage Theme Song (BAKIT NGAYON KA LANG)
- Catholic Mass Media Award (CMMA) Best Original Pilipino Music (DAHIL MAHAL...)
- Manila Film Festival Best Movie Theme song (DAHIL MAHAL KITA)
- Awit Awards Best Produced Record of the Year (BAKIT KA LUMAYO)
- Awit Awards Best Inspirational/Religious Recording (SIYA ANG BIDA)
- Best Male Music Video Award in the MTV Philippine Video Music Awards 2000. (KUNG MAWAWALA KA)
- 2000 Aliw Awards Best Male Performance in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants.
- 2000 Awit Awards Best Ballad Recording (KUNG MAWAWALA KA).
- 2000 Awit Awards Song of the Year (KUNG MAWAWALA KA).
- 2000 RX 93.1 OPM Male Artist of the Year
- 2001 Star Awards Best Movie Theme Song of The Year (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW)
- 2001 Famas Best Movie Theme Song of the Year (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW).
- 2001 Best Male Music Video Award in the MTV Pilipinas 2001 (KAHIT NA).
- 2001 Best Song Music Video Award in the MTV Pilipinas 2001 (KAHIT NA).
- 2001 Tanyag Na Ulirang Ama from National Mother's and Father's Day Foundation, Inc.
- 2001 Aliw Awards Best Male Performance in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants.
- 2001 Gawad Pagkilala kay Ogie Alcasid (mang-aawit/kompositor/liriko) sa Pamamagitan ng Musika sa Wikang Pilipino mula sa Republika ng Pilipinas Sanggunian ng Wika sa Pambansang Pagpapa-unlad s/Pamamahala ng Komisyon sa Wikang Pilipino
- 2001 Awit Awards Song of the Year (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW)
- 2001 Awit Awards Best Ballad Recording (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW)
- 2001 Awit Awards Best Movie/TV/Stage Theme Song Recording (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW)
- 2002 Aliw Awards Best Male Performance in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants
- 2002 Awit Awards Album of the Year (A BETTER MAN).
- 2002 Awit Awards Best Performance by a Male Recording Artist (IKAW SANA).
- 2002 Star Awards Best Comedy Actor (BUBBLE GANG).
- 2003 National Press Club Tinig Awards - One of the Top Ten Singers of the Philippines
- 2003 Star Awards Best Movie Theme Song of the Year (KAILANGAN KITA).
- 2003 Famas Best Movie Theme Song of the Year (KAILANGAN KITA).
- 2003 Manila Filmfestival Best Original Movie Theme Song of the Year (PANGARAP KO...)
- 2003 MTV Pilipinas Favorite Male Artist (SANA)
- 2003 Aliw Awards Best Male Performance In A Concert (OA SA HITS!)
- 2003 Aliw Awards Entertainer Of The Year (OA SA HITS!)
- 2004 Star Awards Best Original Theme Song (PANGARAP KO ANG IBIGIN KA)
- 2004 Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Award Most Popular Male Singer/Entertainer
- 2004 Golden Screen Awards Best Original Song (PANGARAP KO ANG IBIGIN KA)
- 2004 Aliw Awards Best Major Concert (Male) - (OA @ 15)
- 2004 Awit Awards Best Song Written for Movie/TV/Stage Play (PANGARAP KO ANG IBIGIN KA)
- 2004 Golden Screen Awards Best Male TV Host (S.O.P.)
- 2004 Star Awards Best Male TV Host (S.O.P.)
- 2004 Star Awards Best Comedy Actor (Bubble Gang)
- 2004 National Press Club Tinig Awards - One of the Top Ten Singers of the Philippines
- 2005 Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Award Most Popular Male Singer/Entertainer
- 2005 Golden Screen Awards Outstanding Performance in a Comedy Gag Show (Bubble Gang)
- 2005 Aliw Awards Entertainer Of The Year
- 2006 Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Award Most Popular Male Entertainer of the Year
- 2006 Aliw Awards Best Major Concert (Male)
- 2006 Aliw Awards Entertainer Of The Year
- 2006 Star Awards Best Comedy Actor (Bubble Gang)
- 2008 24th Star Award for movies, movie theme song of the year, Pano Ba Kita Iibigin
- 2008 Aliw Awards Best Major Concert Male
- 2008 Aliw Awards Entertainer of the Year
- 2008 Awit Awards Best Movie/TV/Stage Theme Song ‘’Paano kita Iibigin”
- 2008 FAMAS Golden Artist Awardee
- 2008 Star Awards Best Comedy Actor “Bubble Gang”
- 2008 Gold Record Award for The Greatest Filipino Songbook, 8/31/2008
- 2009 Platinum Award for The Greatest Filipino Songbook, 4/26/2009
- 2008 Aliw Awards "Entertainer of the Year"
- (2000, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2010) Winner, PMPC Star Awards for TV Best Comedy Actor
- 2009 STAR AWARDS FOR MUSIC( Male Recording Artist-First Recipient)
- 2010 Aliw Awards "Best Major Concert by a male performer in the Concert Ogie and the Idols"
- 2010 PMPC Star Awards for " BEST COMEDY ACTOR(BUBBLE GANG)"
- 2011 PMPC Star Awards for " BEST COMEDY ACTOR(BUBBLE GANG)"
- 2012 Empress Award for Best Comedy Actor
- 2012 Multiple Intelligence for music award (Multiple Intelligence school)
- Owner of chain of hot dog stalls called Oggie Doggie.
- He co owns Ryu Ramen and Curry Restaurant with a group of friends
- He is Chairman of www.opm2go.com, an online music store exclusively sells opm songs
- He is President of Starmedia Events, an events company
- President of Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang – aawit, an organization of singers.
- Commissioner of EDSA people power commission, 2010 – present
- Sagip Foundation Spokesperson
- National Commission for Culture and Arts, Heritage month Ambassador
- Kapuso Foundation advocacy, Ogie – Regine celebrity Ukay-Ukay
- Childhope Asia spokesperson
- Organize a concert entitled ‘BALIKABAYANI” for the overseas Filipino Workers of Libya and Japan last April 14, 2011.
- Advocate of Legal adaptation of children
- He was married to Australian beauty queen Michelle van Eimeren but eventually divorced.
- He married Regine Velasquez on December 22, 2010.
- Father of three kids Leila, Sarah and Nathaniel James Alcasid.
- Official website
- Ogie Alcasid profile on GMA-7 official website
- Ogie Alcasid at the Internet Movie Database
- Ogie Alcasid official website (All pages are directed to a single link)
- de Calma, Archie (January 15, 2008). "Ogie Alcasid wants to have a baby with Regine but willing to wait for the right time". Philippine Entertainment Portal. (Tagalog)
- gmanews.tv/story, Ogie Alcasid is named Entertainer Of The Year
- Mesina, Divine (March 2005). "New sausages on the block". Entrepreneur Philippines. Archived from the original on 2008-01-05. Retrieved 2008-01-16.