|Type||Limited Liability Partnership|
Ogilvy Renault LLP was a Canadian law firm with 450 members in offices in Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Toronto, Calgary and London, England. Ogilvy Renault offered services in the areas of business law, litigation and ADR, employment and labour law and intellectual property. Ogilvy Renault's English and French bilingual character and proficiency in both the civil and common law systems led to a national and international presence.
The firm began in 1879 as Carter, Church & Chapleau in Quebec.
Lawyers at the firm have included:
- former Quebec Conservative premier Joseph-Adolphe Chapleau
- former Quebec Conservative Party leader Adrien D. Pouliot
- former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney
- Conservative senator Michael Meighen
- former Conservative senator and Minister of International Trade Michael Fortier
- former Chief Justice of Quebec Pierre Michaud
- former Ontario Attorney-General and Liberal MPP Michael Bryant
- President & CEO of OMERS Strategic Investments Jacques Demers - former managing partner
On November 15, 2010, Ogilvy Renault announced it was joining the British firm of Norton Rose with the merger being completed on June 1, 2011, thus becoming one of the 10 largest law firms in the world.
- "Business law in Canada with industry and international focus". Ogilvy Renault. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- Robert Benzie Queen's Park Bureau Chief. "Michael Bryant joins top law firm as adviser". thestar.com. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
|This article about Canadian law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a law firm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|