Oh, by the Way
|Oh, by the Way|
|Box set by Pink Floyd|
|Released||10 December 2007|
|Genre||Progressive rock, psychedelic rock|
|Producer||Bob Ezrin, David Gilmour, James Guthrie, Michael Kamen, Norman Smith, Pink Floyd, Roger Waters|
|Pink Floyd chronology|
The box set includes all fourteen of their standard studio albums, packaged as mini-vinyl replicas. In addition to the albums, and their extras, the set comes with a specially designed 40th Anniversary poster by Storm Thorgerson, featuring 40 Pink Floyd images.
Design and cover
The title is a reference to a line in the song "Have a Cigar": "Oh by the way, which one's Pink?" The box cover consists of a concept similar to that of Ummagumma—one side of the box shows a picture of a room with various objects scattered about inside it, with pictures of the main band members (Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright) on the walls, whilst the other side shows the same room in different lighting, with the objects and pictures of band members rearranged. Standing in the background of both sides of the cover is the dark silhouette of an individual, presumably that of Syd Barrett.
Albums, packaging format, and original release date. Refer to original albums for track lists, personnel lists, and production credits.
- The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (single wallet) August 1967
- A Saucerful of Secrets (single wallet) June 1968
- Soundtrack from the Film More (single wallet) June 1969
- Ummagumma (gatefold, two discs) October 1969
- Atom Heart Mother (gatefold) October 1970
- Meddle (gatefold) October 1971
- Obscured by Clouds (single wallet rounded corners) June 1972
- The Dark Side of the Moon (gatefold, two posters, and two stickers) March 1973
- Wish You Were Here (single wallet, liner, postcard, black shrink wrap) September 1975
- Animals (gatefold) January 1977
- The Wall (gatefold, two discs) November 1979
- The Final Cut (gatefold) March 1983 (version with 2004 track list)
- A Momentary Lapse of Reason (gatefold) September 1987
- The Division Bell (gatefold) March 1994
- James Guthrie – remastering production
- Aubrey Powell – sleeve design
- Doug Sax – remastering
- Storm Thorgerson – sleeve design
- "Oh By the Way (Studio Album Boxset): Pink Floyd: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com.
- "Allmusic review".
- "Pitchfork review".
- Rolling Stone : “Oh By The Way”: Pink Floyd Celebrate Belated 40th Anniversary With Mega Box Set
- Massive Pink Floyd Box Due In December
- Amazon.com: Oh By the Way: Box Set (14CD): Music: Pink Floyd
- Pitchfork: Pink Floyd Studio Catalogue Reissued in Box Set