Ohio State Route 11
|Lake to River Highway|
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||99.60 mi (160.29 km)|
|Existed:||1969 – present|
|South end:||US 30 at East Liverpool|
| SR 7 in East Liverpool
I-80/I-680 near Youngstown
I-80/SR 711 near Girard
SR 82 near Niles
I-90 near Ashtabula
|North end:||in Ashtabula|
|Counties:||Columbiana, Mahoning, Trumbull, Ashtabula|
State Route 11 is a north–south freeway in the eastern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. State Route 11 is the longest state freeway in Ohio. Its southern terminus is on U.S. Route 30 in East Liverpool at the West Virginia state line on the Jennings Randolph Bridge over the Ohio River; its northern terminus is at State Route 531 in Ashtabula. The route is concurrent with U.S. Route 30 through East Liverpool and with Interstate 80 near Youngstown. Construction began on State Route 11 in 1968. The first section of the route to be completed, from Canfield to the route's western interchange with Interstate 80, opened in 1969. The entire current route was complete in 1972.
There is a rest area in Ashtabula County just north of US 322 on the southbound side of SR 11 that is unusual. Even though SR 11 is now a freeway, northbound traffic must cross over the southbound lanes at-grade to access the rest area ( ). This is an oddity for a state route that is otherwise up mostly to Interstate Highway standards and is a holdover from when SR 11 in this area was an expressway. The rest area received new turn lanes in 2011.
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (October 2010)|
- 1969 – Original route certified; Canfield to Austintown completed.
- 1970 – From 5 miles (8.0 km) north of East Liverpool (State Route 7 exit north) to West Point (U.S. Route 30 exit west) completed; Austintown to Interstate 80 west completed.
- 1971 – East Liverpool to 5 miles (8.0 km) north of East Liverpool completed; West Point to State Route 165 completed.
- 1972 – Entire route completed.
- 1976 – State Route 82 to State Route 5 upgrades from 4-lane divided highway to freeway complete.
- 1980 – State Route 5 to State Route 307 upgrades from 4-lane divided highway to freeway complete.
- 1924 – Originally routed from the Indiana state line near New Westville to the West Virginia state line near Gallipolis roughly along the current alignments of U.S. Route 35 from Indiana to Rio Grande, State Route 588 from Rio Grande to Gallipolis, and State Route 7 from Gallipolis to West Virginia
- 1935 – Entire route certified as U.S. Route 35.
||Chester||US 30 east – Pittsburgh||SR 11 begins at the state line; south end of US 30 overlap|
||0.00||0.00||Jennings Randolph Bridge|
||East Liverpool||0.17||0.27||SR 39 east – Midland||South end of SR 39 overlap|
|1.18||1.90||Downtown East Liverpool|
|1.76||2.83||SR 7 south / SR 39 west||North end of SR 39 overlap; south end of SR 7 overlap|
|St. Clair Township||4.77||7.68||SR 170 north – Calcutta, East Palestine|
|Madison Township||7.41||11.93||SR 7 north / SR 267 south – Rogers||North end of SR 7 overlap|
|11.05||17.78||11||US 30 west to SR 45 – Lisbon||North end of US 30 overlap|
|Elkrun Township||15.38||24.75||15||SR 154 – Lisbon, Rogers|
|Fairfield Township||23.78||38.27||23||SR 344 to SR 164 – Leetonia, Columbiana|
||Beaver Township||27.14||43.68||27||SR 46 – Columbiana|
|Canfield Township||34.06||54.81||34||US 224 to US 62 – Canfield, Poland|
|Austintown||39.32||63.28||39||Mahoning Avenue – Austintown, Youngstown|
|41.21||66.32||41||I-80 west / I-680 east – Cleveland, Youngstown||South end of I-80 overlap|
||Weathersfield Township||43.08||69.33||226||Salt Springs Road|
|Girard||44.29||71.28||227||US 422 – Girard, Youngstown|
|Liberty Township||45.50||73.23||228||I-80 east / SR 711 – New York, Youngstown||North end of I-80 overlap|
|48.32||77.76||48||Tibbetts-Wick Road –Niles|
|Vienna Township||51.68||83.17||51||SR 82 – Warren, Sharon Pa.|
|54.70||88.03||54||King Graves Road – Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport|
|Fowler Township||57.42||92.41||57||SR 305 – Cortland, Hartford|
|Johnston Township||61.47||98.93||61||SR 5 – Cortland, Greenville Pa.|
|Greene Township /
|67.98||109.40||68||SR 87 – Kinsman, Jamestown Pa.|
||Colebrook Township||73.05||117.56||73||US 322 – Orwell, Jamestown Pa.|
|New Lyme Township||77.96||125.46||78||US 6 – Andover|
|Dorset Township||84.56||136.09||84||SR 307 – Jefferson, Dorset|
|Denmark Township||87.97||141.57||87||SR 167 – Jefferson|
|Plymouth Township||92.62||149.06||92||SR 46 south (State Road) – Jefferson|
|94.02||151.31||94A||I-90 east Erie Pa.||Exit 228 on Interstate 90.|
|94.29||151.75||94B||I-90 west Cleveland||Exit 228 on Interstate 90.|
|95.18||153.18||95||Seven Hills Road|
|Ashtabula Township||96.51||155.32||96||SR 84 (South Ridge Road) – Ashtabula|
|97.43||156.80||97||US 20 (North Ridge Road) – Ashtabula|
|Ashtabula||98.77||158.95||98||East 21st Street|
|99.60||160.29||SR 531 – Ashtabula, North Kingsville||Freeway ends at grade-level intersection|
- Ohio Revised Code 5533.28
- Mileages retrieved from Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams unless otherwise noted.
- Ohio Department of Transportation District 4 (March 2011). "2011 District 4 Construction Program" (DOC). Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- Route 11 (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson
- Explanation of the Ohio State Highway System (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson