Ohio State Route 131
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||30.05 mi (48.36 km)|
|Existed:||1923 – present|
|West end:||US 50 in Milford|
| US 50 near Fayetteville
US 68 near Fayetteville
|East end:||SR 138 near Hillsboro|
|Counties:||Clermont, Brown, Highland|
State Route 131 (SR 131) is a 30.05-mile (48.36 km) long east–west state highway in the southwestern quadrant of the U.S. state of Ohio. The western terminus of SR 131 is at a signalized intersection with U.S. Route 50 (US 50) in the eastern Cincinnati suburb of Milford. Its eastern terminus is at a T-intersection with SR 138 approximately 7.50 miles (12.07 km) southwest of Hillsboro.
The path of SR 131 takes it through northern Clermont County, northwestern Brown County and western Highland County. There are no segments of SR 131 that are included within the National Highway System (NHS), a network of highways deemed to be most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the country.
|This section requires expansion. (April 2011)|
The SR 131 designation was applied in 1923. Originally, the highway was routed along its present alignment from its current western terminus in Milford to its junction with US 50, at the time designated as SR 26, southwest of Fayetteville. In 1946, SR 131 was extended east along its current alignment to its present eastern terminus at SR 138 southwest of Hillsboro, utilizing a previously un-numbered roadway between its previous eastern terminus and SR 134, and the entirety of what was SR 780 between SR 134 and SR 138.
|Clermont||Milford||0.00||0.00||US 50||Western terminus at signalized intersection|
|Stonelick Township||6.20||9.98||SR 132||Signalized intersection|
|Wayne Township||8.51||13.70||SR 727 north||T-intersection marking southern terminus of SR 727|
|Brown||Perry Township||17.16||27.62||US 50|
|Highland||Salem Township||24.31||39.12||SR 134|
|Hamer Township||30.05||48.36||SR 138||Eastern terminus at T-intersection|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (April 1922) (MrSID). Map of Ohio State Highways (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1922a.sid. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (July 1923) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1923a.sid. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 131, Clermont County". Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 131, Brown County". Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 131, Highland County". Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1946) (MrSID). Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1946a.sid. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1947) (MrSID). Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1947a.sid. Retrieved 2011-04-19.