Ohio State Route 252
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||23.04 mi (37.08 km)|
|Existed:||1925 – present|
|South end:||SR 18 / SR 57 near Medina|
| I‑480 in North Olmsted
US 20 in Westlake
I‑90 / SR 2 in Westlake
|North end:||US 6 in Bay Village|
|Counties:||Medina, Lorain, Cuyahoga|
State Route 252 (SR 252) is a 23.04-mile (37.08 km) long north–south state highway in the northern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The southern terminus of this state route is at a signalized intersection that marks the western split of the concurrency of SR 18 and SR 57 nearly 1.25 miles (2.01 km) northwest of the city limits of Medina. SR 252 has its northern terminus at a T-intersection with U.S. Route 6 (US 6) in the western Cleveland suburb of Bay Village.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2011)|
Along its path, SR 252 travels through northern Medina County, the estreme eastern portion of Lorain County and the westernmost part of Cuyahoga County. There are no stretches of SR 252 that are included as a part of the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways that are identified to be most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the country.
SR 252 was assigned in 1925. It was originally along its current alignment from its southern terminus at SR 18 and SR 57 northwest of Medina to its junction with SR 82, at the time known as SR 81, west of Strongsville. One year later, the highway was extended north to its current northern terminus.
|Medina||York Township||0.00||0.00||SR 18 / SR 57 south (Norwalk Road) / CR 24 (Columbia Road) – Medina, Norwalk||Southern end of SR 57 concurrency|
|0.93||1.50||SR 57 north / CR 65 (Spieth Road) – Lester, Erhart, Elyria||Northern end of SR 57 concurrency|
|Liverpool Township||4.92||7.92||SR 303 (Center Road) – Valley City, Brunswick|
|Lorain||Columbia Township||10.45||16.82||SR 82 – Elyria, Strongsville|
|Cuyahoga||North Olmsted||17.68||28.45||I‑480 – Cleveland, Toledo||Exit 6 (I-480)|
|18.01||28.98||SR 17 (Brookpark Road)|
|18.45||29.69||SR 10 west (Lorain Road)||Southern end of SR 10 concurrency|
|18.84||30.32||SR 10 east (Lorain Road) / Columbia Road||Northern end of SR 10 concurrency|
|Westlake||21.01||33.81||US 20 / SR 113 (Center Ridge Road)|
|21.99||35.39||SR 254 (Detroit Road)|
|22.13||35.61||I‑90 / SR 2 – Cleveland, Toledo||Exit 159 (I-90/SR 2)|
|Bay Village||23.04||37.08||US 6 (Lake Road)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (August 1924) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1924a.sid. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (August 1925) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1925a.sid. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 252, Medina County". Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 252, Lorain County". Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 252, Cuyahoga County". Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (August 1926) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1926a.sid. Retrieved 2011-05-10.