Ohio State Route 269
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||28.09 mi (45.21 km)|
|Existed:||1931 – present|
|South end:||SR 4 near Bellevue|
|North end:||Merritime Shoreway at East Harbor State Park near Marblehead|
|Counties:||Huron, Erie, Ottawa|
State Route 269 (SR 269) is a north–south state highway in the north central portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its southern terminus is at SR 4 on the Huron–Seneca county line nearly seven miles (11 km) south of Bellevue, and its northern terminus is at the entrance to East Harbor State Park near Marblehead.
SR 269 was first designated in 1928 albeit on a much shorter route than it runs today. The original two-mile-long (3.2 km) route served as a cutoff to the Sandusky Bay Bridge on SR 2 and SR 12 (modern-day U.S. Route 6). In 1935, the route was extended south to end in Castalia at SR 12 (now on a different route than it was in 1928) and SR 101. Two years later, SR 269 was extended much further south through Bellevue to its current southern terminus at SR 4. The extension of SR 296 to SR 4 lead to the deletion of SR 296 as SR 269 was routed along the latter's entire route between SR 4 and Bellevue.
The route was extended north c. 1969 after SR 2 was moved onto the new Thomas Edison Bridge over the Sandusky Bay. SR 269 utilized the old Bay Bridge and followed the former SR 240 to East Harbor State Park. Though the Bay Bridge was closed in 1985, SR 269 would still be officially designated on the approach routes until SR 269 was moved onto the SR 2 freeway, the Edison Bridge, and a former spur route of SR 269 by 1997.
|1.97||3.17||SR 547 east / Kotz Road||Western terminus of SR 547|
|Huron||Bellevue||6.90||11.10||US 20 / SR 18 / SR 113 (Main Street)|
|Erie||Castalia||15.60||25.11||SR 101 south (Lucas Street)||Southern end of SR 101 concurrency|
|16.05||25.83||SR 101 north (Main Street)||Southern end of SR 101 concurrency|
|Margaretta Township||18.78||30.22||US 6 west – Fremont||Southern end of US 6 concurrency|
|19.41||31.24||US 6 east – Sandusky||Northern end of US 6 concurrency|
|20.67||33.27||SR 2 east / Martins Point Road – Sandusky, Cleveland||Interchange; southern end of SR 2 concurrency|
|Sandusky Bay||22.57||36.32||Thomas A. Edison Memorial Bridge|
|Ottawa||Danbury Township||24.07||38.74||SR 2 west – Port Clinton, Toledo||Interchange; northern end of SR 2 concurrency|
|26.51||42.66||SR 163 west (East Harbor Road) – Port Clinton||Southern end of SR 163 concurrency|
|26.94||43.36||SR 163 east (East Harbor Road) – Lakeside, Marblehead||Northern end of SR 163 concurrency|
|28.09||45.21||East Harbor State Park entrance|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- Ohio Division of Highways (1927) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1927a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOH (1928) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by Harry J. Kirk, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1928a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOH (1934) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by O.W. Merrell, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1934a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- ODOH (1935) (MrSID). Official 1935 Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by John Jaster, Jr., Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1935a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- ODOH (1936) (MrSID). 1936 Official Highway Map (Map). Cartography by John Jaster, Jr., Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1936a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- ODOH (1937) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map 1937 (Map). Cartography by John Jaster, Jr., Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1937a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- ODOH (1967) (MrSID). 1967 Official Highway Map (Map). Cartography by P.E. Masheter, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1967a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOH (1969) (MrSID). 1969 Offical Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by P.E. Masheter, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1969a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- Harvey, Hank (April 4, 1986). "State to Demolish Lift Bridge Over Sandusky Bay". Toledo Blade. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- "1994 OTTAWA CO AVERAGE 24-HR TRAFFIC VOLUME". 1994. p. 3. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- "1997 OTTAWA CO AVERAGE 24-HR TRAFFIC VOLUME". 1997. p. 3. Retrieved August 29, 2014.