Ohio State Route 269
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||28.09 mi (45.21 km)|
|Existed:||1931 – present|
|South end:||SR 4 near Bellevue|
|North end:||Merritime Shoreway at East Harbor State Park near Marblehead|
|Counties:||Huron, Erie, Ottawa|
State Route 269 (SR 269) is a north–south state highway in the north central portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its southern terminus is at State Route 4 nearly 7 miles (11 km) south of Bellevue, and its northern terminus is at the entrance to East Harbor State Park near Marblehead.
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (September 2013)|
- 1931 – Original route established; originally routed from 2 miles (3.2 km) south of Bay View (about 6 miles (9.7 km) west of Sandusky) to Bayview.
- 1937 – Extended to its current southern terminus along a previously unnumbered road from 2 miles (3.2 km) south of Bay View to Bellevue, and along a previous alignment of State Route 296 from Bellevue to 7 miles (11 km) south of Bellevue.
- 1969 – Extended to its current northern terminus along State Route 2’s alignment from Bay View to Danbury (about 5 miles (8.0 km) west-southwest of Marblehead) and along the alignment of former State Route 240 from Danbury to the current northern terminus.
- 1989 – Routed with the State Route 2 freeway across Sandusky Bay from just south of Bay View to just north of Danbury; a short time later, the old Bay Bridge was demolished.
|1.97||3.17||SR 547 east / Kotz Road||Western terminus of SR 547|
|Huron||Bellevue||6.90||11.10||US 20 / SR 18 / SR 113 (Main Street)|
|Erie||Castalia||15.60||25.11||SR 101 south (Lucas Street)||Southern end of SR 101 concurrency|
|16.05||25.83||SR 101 north (Main Street)||Southern end of SR 101 concurrency|
|Margaretta Township||18.78||30.22||US 6 west – Fremont||Southern end of US 6 concurrency|
|19.41||31.24||US 6 east – Sandusky||Northern end of US 6 concurrency|
|20.67||33.27||SR 2 east / Martins Point Road – Sandusky, Cleveland||Interchange; southern end of SR 2 concurrency|
|Sandusky Bay||22.57||36.32||Thomas A. Edison Memorial Bridge|
|Ottawa||Danbury Township||24.07||38.74||SR 2 west – Port Clinton, Toledo||Interchange; northern end of SR 2 concurrency|
|26.51||42.66||SR 163 west (East Harbor Road) – Port Clinton||Southern end of SR 163 concurrency|
|26.94||43.36||SR 163 east (East Harbor Road) – Lakeside, Marblehead||Northern end of SR 163 concurrency|
|28.09||45.21||East Harbor State Park entrance|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- Route 269 (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source][dead link]
- Ohio Department of Transportation Official maps for 1967 and 1969
- Ohio Department of Transportation Official maps for 1987 and 1989